Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd September 2014, 04:57 AM   #21
Richard Blake

Agree'd, content is key for FB posting. It needs to be relevant and current. Of course this is wasted if they're not getting the exposure.

FB paid ad's work a charm too...

Old 23rd September 2014, 07:20 AM   #22
Julia Patterson

Not only FB... you can also try this with linkedin, google+ and other social sites.

Julia Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 12:18 PM   #23
msig

buying fans doesn't hurt either if you can afford it.

msig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 01:53 AM   #24
Melissa Feeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKirby View Post
No problem. Just remember that you will need a goal in mind before you do anything. Why do you want your customers liking your page? What's the end goal?

Also, to turn it around, why would they want to like your page? Why would they want to sign up for your newsletter?

Always have the goal in mind.
I completely agree with you, if you want others to like your page, its important to know the answers of the above question. And then design your Facebook page accordingly, add like button, tell your friends to like your page. Promote your Facebook page in other social networking sites too.

Melissa Feeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 12:35 PM   #25
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

Facebook is a tough nut to crack. You need to focus on low key relationships. You need to wish people a Happy Birthday etc. They do not want to be hit up with ads

Old 17th October 2014, 01:09 AM   #26
nadialeigh

I got a Fashion related page on Facebook, At the starting time I had purchased some likes from Fiverr. Then when I made my enough fan base then I promoted my page to fashion blogs and fashion related pages on Facebook (Like Posting pics on Wall, people get attracted more often with wall posts compared to irrelevant comments). Follow this strategy!!! It might work for you as well as mine.

nadialeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 03:48 PM   #27
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

Default I am following the comments

I am looking for ideas too. I have a Facebook business page for local income taxes. People got upset with me on sending them ads last year.

Old 28th October 2014, 08:36 PM   #28
samsonmedia

You can also try "boosted Facebook" posts. You can get a few thousand new viesw for as little as $20.

samsonmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 11:23 PM   #29
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

I live in a town of fifteen thousand my clients are locals. How would that work? Is it $20 per post to target locals?

Old 29th October 2014, 01:09 AM   #30
sb1 design

Send a message via Skype™ to sb1 design

One of the best ways to drive traffic to your Facebook page is actually from your website.

Do you have a prominent 'Page Like' box on your site? Having one of these on your side bar, (either at the very top) or as a box at the bottom of your content on the page/post works well.

Alongside this you could have a pop-up 'Like' box that appears based on how far your user has scrolled down the page, or after a certain amount of time has passed.

Using one or two of these methods will definitely increase the number of likes to your page.

Use them carefully however, you do not want to seem as if you pushing your Facebook page down your audiences' throat. You just want to make them more aware that it exists.

And fundamentally, you will need to have good content on your site for them to want to like what you do in the first place.

sb1 design is offline   Reply With Quote