Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th June 2008, 06:49 AM   #1
Zafar Ahmed

Default Secure CC Payments

Hello

I am planning to get CC payment to my website. I just wonder How can I secure my CC transaction on my site?

Zafar Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th July 2008, 09:07 PM   #2
dotnetter_ohio

If you use a CC processing vendor like Link Point or someone else, they will actually do the security for you. If you want to do it yourself, I am not 100% sure. You could search for a web design firm that specializes in that on google, or talk to (and I don't recomend using them) Network Solutions. I don't recomend them because their product pricing is usually very high, but they will probably tell you what you need to do to get it going.

dotnetter_ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 09:42 PM   #3
SmallMerchant

Send a message via AIM to SmallMerchant

You would need to get an SSL certificate installed on your site. There are tons of them out there. Your website host probably sells them. Where ever you get your merchant account and payment gateway, they are going to require you have an SSL certificate in place first.

Nick

Old 27th July 2008, 05:10 AM   #4
rvnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed View Post
Hello

I am planning to get CC payment to my website. I just wonder How can I secure my CC transaction on my site?
Personally I don't prefer to maintain my merchant accounts with SSL installaions etc.

At first go with third party processors like paypal, 2checkout etc.

If you really want your own payment gateway integrated these are the steps:

* Develop or buy a cart that allows you to run your own CC transactions. (They will have API interface to easily include payment gateways)
* Install SSL certificate. your host will help with that.
* Integrate it in to your cart.

Radhika

Old 28th July 2008, 10:56 AM   #5
GRPFunding

You will need to use a secure payment gateway.

The gateway we use for our customers is authorize.net

It can be build into your website to look seamless, and you also get a virtual terminal.

I have a demo account setup that you can check out if it's something you might be interested in. Shoot me an email.

GRPFunding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 02:54 PM   #6
E-Commerce Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvnet View Post
Personally I don't prefer to maintain my merchant accounts with SSL installaions etc.

At first go with third party processors like paypal, 2checkout etc.

If you really want your own payment gateway integrated these are the steps:

* Develop or buy a cart that allows you to run your own CC transactions. (They will have API interface to easily include payment gateways)
* Install SSL certificate. your host will help with that.
* Integrate it in to your cart.

Radhika
3rd Party Payment Processors are generally a good idea for someone just starting out selling on the internet. Some provide you with everything you need to accept and manage payments online. Depending on the type of product you are selling, some 3rd party companies may work better for you than others-it all depends on your business goals and the tools you need to accomplish them.

Another benefit to using a 3rd party service is that they maintain the merchant account so you don't have to take on the responsibility of being PCI compliant, which is basically the Payment Card Industries data security standard. There are many factors that play a role in obtaining and owning a merchant account, not to mention all the fees you'll be responsible for as well.

Hope this helps.

E-Commerce Guy is offline   Reply With Quote