Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th June 2014, 03:08 PM   #1
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Cool Authorship Images In Google Results Are Going Away

Google's John Meuller announced:
"We've been doing lots of work to clean up the visual design of our search results, in particular creating a better mobile experience and a more consistent design across devices. As a part of this, we're simplifying the way authorship is shown in mobile and desktop search results, removing the profile photo and circle count."

What does this mean for article writers and original content - I used to love seeing my little pic in the search results - it gave me an enormous sense of well being.

Ah well, there's always something evolving online, that's why we came here in the first place...

The new results will remove the image as well as the number of Google+ circles the author is in. This means that only the author's name will appear, but it will still be a clickable link to take you to a search for the author.

Are you using Google Authorship? Do you think this will drastically affect your click through rates? What do you reckon?

Last edited by Hampers; 26th June 2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: hungry and tired
Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th June 2014, 12:46 AM   #2
Johnbolton
VIP Contributor

Authorship is going to be down??? OMG! then my CTR will be down. why google going back again to old age?

Johnbolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 02:29 PM   #3
qualitycustom

Wow, I was just starting to apply authorship. Is it still worth doing if the photo disappears? I'm not sure. Will have to see what the new look is I guess. When will this happen?

Ron

qualitycustom is offline   Reply With Quote