Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th April 2018, 02:38 AM   #31
1stopinsta

I believe that website title should be changed after few times if you are not getting a good ranking.

Second thing, you should use titles once as unique perfectly. You must have trust on given titles which will help you to get rank.

1stopinsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th July 2018, 03:51 PM   #32
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

Make sure Your Anchor Text words for SEO are included in your title.

Old 22nd July 2018, 11:09 PM   #33
Celin_G

Careful with this buddy. I wasn't too careful with this one. Our traffic was really high early this year, and I decided to upgrade our meta tags which included that title and description. I should have just updated the meta description and left the title alone. Traffic went down, not sure what happened, probably the keywords targeted have changed because of the change I did (my bad), and then a Google update was released back in March, which made it tougher and all. What I did later was to change the title back to what it was (for all the pages). Sigh.

Old 30th July 2018, 01:30 PM   #34
MBA Trainer

If you post title is more search engine than previous one, it will improve your website ranking

Old 8th August 2018, 08:06 PM   #35
alexjames212

Changing the title of the website should affect the ranking of the website as the title is one of the most important factors that the search engine considers. As the other experts have stated here, it might take two to three weeks for the change to be reflected and it is not alone the title but the other factors like content, keyword density and other nearly 200 signals that contributes to the rank of a page.

alexjames212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2018, 08:24 AM   #36
hasan459

yes its effect on search engine, because search engine show most relevant title on user query .

Old 28th November 2018, 02:51 PM   #37
highlandspring

Default A/B testing

You can always test for a few weeks/months then revert back and compare traffic and rankings.

This type of trial and error testing is called A/B testing and is very popular online for trying out different approaches etc.

Good luck.

Old 1st December 2018, 01:59 PM   #38
MBA Trainer

If title of the website has keyword in it , it dish up good effect in SEO

Old 7th December 2018, 11:12 AM   #39
hyzhenry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1227 View Post
I am thinking about changing my website title to be more meaningful to what the site is about. But, I don't know if I do change the title, will it have a short term negative effect on how my site ranks on search engines?

Also, if there is any negative effect for the site ranking, how long it could last and then back to normal?

Thanks in advance,
Yup it will. But generally if you have the important keywords in place, it shouldn't be a big issue.

hyzhenry is offline   Reply With Quote