Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th February 2010, 03:45 PM   #1
My Secret Staff

Default To Dream Or Not To Dream

As a child, I used to have many dreams, counless, unimaginable. Now, that I am an adult, I realized that everything we dreamt of must be put into reality. Building a business is not easy, it takes alot of courage, dedication and determination. It needs careful planning, and a wonderful reliable team.

I was taught that to be a master you must be a servant...for you will never be a good leader if youre'not a good follower. Thanks to my mom, who encouraged to venture into the world of business. Now, I could say, that true indeed, Big dreams comes in small beginnings. So keep on dreaming.

Cathy( secretstaff.com)

My Secret Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th February 2010, 06:58 AM   #2
icondosmanila

And not all beginnings are easy. Those who are qualified to lead are those who have learned how to serve. That's how my ROTC batch motto is. We can't make things we dreamt to come as it was. And I agree with you Cathy, that big dreams starts in small steps. As a child, I dreamt big, but when I realized how hard it is to achieve, I started to think it should be attained. It's not easy, as you said. For it requires a lot of efforts and sacrifices. And I think if I reach it, I'll still dream of something small.

icondosmanila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 05:10 AM   #3
ramirezhenry55

I wholly agree. I must admit that I am such a big dreamer back then but lacks a little drive to make them into reality. Its not that I am lazy or what, there are just some leaps or curves in my path that I sometimes lose confidence in myself. Thank goodness it wasn't too late till I realize what I lack to succeed. Now whatever comes my way, I don't easily fold up no matter how hard and in a way I consider this an achievement already.

ramirezhenry55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 08:10 PM   #4
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Yeah.. I find that the harder I work the the more luck I have... and the easier it gets. Really. The most important thing is that you have to have a good strategy that you are willing to stick to and adjust as time goes on. But you have to stick to it. The 'instant' anything (except hamburger) is a thing of the past.

Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 08:17 AM   #5
georgechapman

Dream and scheme! 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.

Old 19th February 2010, 06:39 PM   #6
kendvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Secret Staff View Post

As a child, I used to have many dreams, counless, unimaginable. Now, that I am an adult, I realized that everything we dreamt of must be put into reality. Building a business is not easy, it takes alot of courage, dedication and determination. It needs careful planning, and a wonderful reliable team.
That it does. I am always thinking back to my childhood aspirations and to how I am applying them now.

kendvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 03:42 AM   #7
georgechapman

One thing about dreams though is that you have to be asleep to believe in them.

Old 21st February 2010, 07:10 AM   #8
SanWay
VIP Contributor

I used to dream a lot when i was a child. then there was a period of my life when I didn't dream at all but now I think that we have to dream and try to do everything to realize our dreams. If you can dream, you are alive.

SanWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 08:13 AM   #9
JasonCase24

It's very easy to dream about having something or reaching a particular goal of yours. However, the most difficult part is to take an action in order to achieve these dreams. You really need to work hard in order to attain all your dreams. Otherwise, all your dreams will remain as dreams forever.

Last edited by JasonCase24; 28th February 2010 at 07:21 AM.
JasonCase24 is offline   Reply With Quote