Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Sales
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th January 2010, 12:45 AM   #1
allisa

Default Sales??? :(?

I work in Customer Service in a bank... except for the customer's yelling i like the job, but i have a small problem with selling some of the products and services we have... i have a base salary and a bonus for our sales, June will be the 1st month for me to sell, but i dont want to... how can i do to become a better sales person and at the end of the month get our sales goal and get my bonus??

allisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th January 2010, 06:55 PM   #2
RevenueKinetics

Default Your employer is doing you a disservice

If your employer is asking you to assume a sales role without providing you with training (general sales training) then they are doing you a disservice and not providing you with the tools you need to succeed.

Are they providing you with a script? (questions to ask, the possible answers, how to respond to each answer)

Have they training you in the common objections you should expect to receive and how to handle them?

Have they provided you with information about your competitor's similar products and why yours are better?

etc etc.

Here is one resource: SalesPractice.com is an online community of sales professionals, many of then with years of experience, whose mission is to help people just like you accomplish their sales goals.

RevenueKinetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:19 PM   #3
icondosmanila

The best way to become a good agent is to know your competitors well. You should monitor how they sell their products. And perform ahead of them. Get the inputs and try to analyze. Also the fact that you know your product very well. You should not sell your product but what the product can do. It would appeal customers interest. Don't deliver lines aggressively, but in a manner that is convincing. How you can match up your product to your customers needs. But it should be the company that must provide you those details, those very vital info. You should not take account on everything, it should be both the company and you.

icondosmanila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 02:55 PM   #4
Elfen

Learn how to be more persuasive, easier to approach, more welcoming, and lovable. If you got those, you can basically sell anything.In addition, you can visit these courses http://www.whereorg.com/equity-sales...s-llc-12308185

Elfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 03:28 AM   #5
Rob Schneider

Learn all about the product you are going to be selling that way you can answer any query of the customer and remember to maintain your soft skills because customers sometimes they do get irritated or annoyed or angry.

Rob Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:38 AM   #6
cbcbusiness

I know your situation in this time when you making sales as you want or as your competitor do but you don't worry about it. First, you should understand the product which you are selling and understand the customer's needs which they want. Some of the people say that you know the activity of your competitor but according to my experience that is not the good thing, you just focus on your target, not your competitor. You just build the relationship with your customers and you must be well-dressed. You should use social media platform.

cbcbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 09:42 PM   #7
Brooke.Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevenueKinetics View Post
If your employer is asking you to assume a sales role without providing you with training (general sales training) then they are doing you a disservice and not providing you with the tools you need to succeed.
This is absolutely true. If you're assuming a sales role aside from your current job as a Customer Service rep, your employer should be required to provide you with proper sales training, skills reinforcements, and sales coaching sessions -- aside from sales incentives.

It's also advisable that the organization you're working for provides you with reliable tools to increase your efficiency and productivity. A CRM should be in place alongside your phone system, email server, and live chat software (if applicable). You can integrate these tools using a software like Tenfold so you and your team can work using a unified dashboard where you can access all interactions -- phone, SMS, email, live chat.

Sales isn't a walk in the park. If your employer wants to you meet quotas and reach goals, they need to do their part, too.