Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > Success Stories and Profiles
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th October 2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Bobp

Default Small Business Success

Since running my business and providing a lot of FREE information for the visitors to my site, I have been amazed at which free articles are the most popular. The same articles are also on a number of article sites, and the general trend is the same. The most popular articles are those about Business techniques, and the articles on Personal Goals, Success, Motivation etc and making changes to the way an individual conducts THEMSELVES, are less popular.
Is this why so many small businesses fail within 5 years? Everyone surely knows that the most successful people are those who set themselves goals, and a plan to achieve them. They have passion, singlemindedness, commitment, persistence, faith and a few other things. In other words they concentrate on themselves, and making changes there, and success follows.
Has anyone else had the same experience in dealing with small business owners?

Bobp is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th October 2007, 11:08 PM   #2
lithos

Smile

Yep. deal with it all the time. People need to realize success has more to do with who you are than what you do. Whether it is business, parenting or anything else. Levitt articulated it pretty well when talking about parents in his book Freakonomics.

Old 11th October 2007, 06:33 AM   #3
mktgbiz

I know very few business people who actually write down goals. I believe I know one person. And I know quite a few business people.

The thing that's always thrown me is if people who write down and achieve their goals become successful then those who don't write down their goals should not achieve success. Stands to reason I believe.

However one thing I have learned is that shakers are shakers. Movers and grovers are movers and grovers.......no matter what field they work in or at.

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 01:23 AM   #4
Crimson Fox

It's a case of the people becoming successful by doing the thing that works for them.

Each person will has a method that will work, the trick is coming up with that method before you're too old or dead to do anything with it.

Crimson Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 01:46 PM   #5
tannerc

Congratulations on your success Bob, it looks like you've got a great start going. I hope you're success continues for years to come.

tannerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 10:59 PM   #6
natetarsha

I'd have to agree with MrktBiz and Crimson Fox.

Success comes down to taking what it is that you have and then strategically finding a way to make it work.

Movers and shakers have been known to push their ideas into the world...even if they have to cram into existence.

The bottom-line goal is well-stated by Crimson Fox - figuring out which way works best for you BEFORE you die...

It's all about finding a way to create a successfully sustainable and profitiable way of wrapping your special magic in a business or services offereing that a niched cluster of people will absolutely crave about, rave about...and then repurchase.

It's all about intentionally designing your business and the way it works in such a way that it performs on reliablity and consistently and it continually evolves into a more customer-craveable entity as time progresses.

natetarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 06:44 PM   #7
Stan2000

Something to consider: How big is the market if you become the Number One Company in the world?
How large are your competitors?
Are you an aggressive, creative marketing person?
Do you have an endearing smile?
What kind of family support will you receive?
Can you make friends fast?
Do you have a good (or great) personality?
What is your goal? Money, personal satisfaction?
When can you slow down? And you will need to slow down sometime!
Always delegate down!

Do you have any new ideas?

Good luck.

Stan

Stan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 10:41 PM   #8
puti1

Default Things that work for them is an important element

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Fox View Post
It's a case of the people becoming successful by doing the thing that works for them.

Each person will has a method that will work, the trick is coming up with that method before you're too old or dead to do anything with it.
I have to agree with you Crimson. Some people are good online, some at property or stock markets, some are good at motivating others to succeed alongside with them, etc...whatever it is that people do, there is always one thing that you can do better than the many other things that they've tried.
Many times, we are so caught up with running the race and forget to take a step back and evaluate is this what i really do best or is this what i really want to do. Hopefully, the day will come before we get too old.

Meanwhile, i also think that success is relative. What is success to one person may not be success to another. Be focused and write down acheivable goals. Not something that is too far stretched and cannot be measured.

puti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 09:44 PM   #9
thebizwebcoach

Hustle has a LOT to do with it too.

thebizwebcoach is offline   Reply With Quote