Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th June 2013, 06:32 AM   #1
jerry35

Default Free Website Builder

Hey everyone!

I'm new here in this forum and i need your advice. i'm running a small business and i'm considering building a small website to promote it.
i don't want to spend a lot of money and i heard that there are a lot of free website builders.
do you have any recommendations of these kind of sites?? (i have no codding or programming experience)

thanks!

jerry35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th June 2013, 01:19 PM   #2
wed123

Default Website Builder

You could try wix.com. You can create a site using a drag and drop editor so you don't need any coding skills. They have a lot of ready made templates to get you started.

Old 12th June 2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Wayne Liew

Send a message via Skype™ to Wayne Liew

Hi Jerry, welcome to the forum.

Yes, there are a lot of free website builders out there but most of them goes out of business within a year after their launch.

A couple of the reputable website builders that offer a free plan are Weebly and Web. They come with a simple drag-and-drop design interface, which is great for beginners like yourself.

I wrote an article describing their pros and cons over here: http://www.sproutgeek.com/how-to-cho...osting-package

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Personally, I do not recommend Wix because it builds websites using Flash, which is slow and difficult for search engine robots to crawl your content.

Old 12th June 2013, 12:50 PM   #4
wed123

Hi Wayne,

Just to let you know that Wix have now migrated away from flash and use HTML5 instead so all content can easily be spidered by all the major search engines.

Old 3rd July 2013, 05:20 AM   #5
Karry

You can use WordPress. Not a fantastic choice, but you budget is low & you don't another paid domain. Go for WordPress. It has all features that a small businessman regularly search. So buy a low price WordPress theme and start you day as I did. Best of Luck.

Karry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 03:00 PM   #6
WP4SB

I definately recommend WordPress. Far too many people think that it's just for bloggers, but it's SOOOO not! Check out my post regarding this: http://wordpress4smallbusiness.com/why-wordpress/

WP4SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 12:41 AM   #7
websitelancers

There are number of free website builders software's and online tool but they are limited in terms of space, functionality , features to extent the feature there are different plans in different price,
Wix
webly

if you want to create a website at your budget post your project in free lance market place like, websitelancers.com or elance

websitelancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 01:51 AM   #8
JessicaJohn

You should not hire anyone to build your website free because it is common sense that how a person can do hard-work for free?. When you will pay someone definitely you can get good website. There a lots of websites are offering discount logo and website design services. You should contact them to get affordable services with quality results.

JessicaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 12:21 AM   #9
tomsriverwebdes

Default beware of Wix.com,web.com & others

Those sites you see on TV that offer "free websites" have tons of hidden fees (like hosting & domain) that will actually cost you more in the long run (6 months- 2 years) than a freelance web designer. I actually promote as a web designer that I am cheaper than those "free" website builders. Those that offer "free" website builders have to make their money somehow to do all the advertising you see.

tomsriverwebdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 03:27 AM   #10
SashaMike

wix is fine but still you may require a professional for updating more complex components.

SashaMike is offline   Reply With Quote