Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th February 2015, 02:54 AM   #21
hasnat50

Send a message via Skype™ to hasnat50
Default Welcome

Welcome for here, I hope you can create a blogging site by wordpress. then you can start social media marketing, bookmarking, forum posting etc.

hasnat50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th August 2015, 03:22 AM   #22
RDWM

I would go with word press for sure...

Old 21st January 2016, 12:41 AM   #23
James Tacker

Squarespace is another website that we highly recommend at the small business weíre working on founding. It can do what youíre looking for as well.

Wordpress is OK, but if youíre going to go that route, keep in mind what youíre trying to accomplish with your site. Wordpress is a blogging platform and content management system, some people may just want a site that says ďIím Here!Ē to the internet and donít want/need something that is constantly posted on or updated with rich content -- thatís generally what wordpress is for. While wordpress can be used the way people are saying on this thread by finding a slick theme and going with that; thatís not the platformís primary purpose. Thatís what I would recommend keeping in mind if youíre going to go that route. Or perhaps another way of saying it is research all your options first.

James Tacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 02:40 AM   #24
Rob Schneider

You've to build your own website , there are lots of free tutorials on the web that can help you build one .

Rob Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 12:45 PM   #25
pekinwebguy

The inherent problem with website builders, especially ones with a $0 pricetag, is that you just gave someone else control of your company's online presence.

If that company goes out of business, you lose your site. If that company fails to update critical security holes, you can't do anything about it. If they don't update the UI, or they don't make it easy, then it's still on you to rebuild/recreate using their limited toolset. You'll be stuck with a dated design.

None of these a professional web developer would use, so getting good help will be hard to find if something breaks.

You're going to spend money. You could hire a pro (it's what I do), or you can DIY. Plan on budgeting around $300 between hosting, domain, and any themes/plugins you use.

1. Find a good web host. ReviewSignal.com is great for finding a good one. Consider your budget, your own technical know-how, and the ratings of support. Also consider their backup policy- many hosts offer you the option of not only downloading backup files, but also to selectively restore files at will. This is very important!

2. Pick a CMS. You're trying to save money and likely time. WordPress is my personal favorite. There are many free themes, as well as sitebuilders. I personally recommend Divi and SiteOrigin for sitebuilders.

3. Give yourself a week to complete this. Rome wasn't built overnight, and neither will your website.

pekinwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 08:27 AM   #26
aquisto
Banned

There are many website development tools you can use to build a site. Check out the following.

Desktop WYSIWYG editors
1. CoffeeCup
2. Page Breeze
3. Kompozer

Software you can install
1. Concrete5
2. WordPress

These are set up so you do not have to have any coding experience and there are tons of tutorials on how to use them as well.

aquisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2016, 06:30 AM   #27
jameswarner

There are many free website builder site available like WordPress, Blogger and Wix.com.

jameswarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 06:02 PM   #28
Brook Davis

I agree with the information given by other members, but I built my website using Wix, and I haven't regretted my choice. I didn't have much experience in web design, so I read about website builders (actually, I found a great article with reviews of the most popular builders on http://www.webbuildersguide.com/free-website-builders/, where I could see pros and cons of each of them). I chose Wix and was glad. I can say, its disadvantages are not that much critical, and it's one of the best drag&drop website editor. In my opinion, Wix is a good choice for those who need to build a website without any experience and a big budget.

Brook Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 09:46 AM   #29
Vida Rinaldi

try weebly or wix

Vida Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote