Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th December 2013, 10:36 PM   #1
mhasan

Send a message via Skype™ to mhasan
Default I Am Confused On Link Building

I have experienced quite a lot of argumentation concerning link building approach. Being a fresh seo, i am confused by different strategies coming from different sources. They all are good enough. But i did not find the prospective answer to my ask. What is considered to be the dependable as well as stable ground of link building policy? I just want to learn solid link building process.

mhasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th December 2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Step 1 for me is content. By nature giving someone something good to link to is crucial. Sometimes alone that can be enough. With out good content it is an uphill battle. Start there, always.

Old 7th December 2013, 10:51 PM   #3
mhasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Step 1 for me is content. By nature giving someone something good to link to is crucial. Sometimes alone that can be enough. With out good content it is an uphill battle. Start there, always.
Hi Logan,
How do i measure the quality of my content and how do i predict that my content is well enough to make my visitor more engage able? Sorry to bother you with foolish question.

Old 8th December 2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Logan
Administrator

No worries, there are no foolish questions. Many here have different approaches.

I take a particular keyword I am interested in then do a search and review all of the organic and paid listings on a page. I compare what I am going to provide to the competition. I find it helpful to create a spreadsheet listing each website then in the columns enter variables that are relevant. For example with an ecommerce site it could be price, delivery time, shipping cost, customer service hours etc. While that applies for ecommerce, the same can be done for any content. Are you the best? If not you should have a clear picture how to improve things to become equal. Then I ask myself what can I provide or do better than all the other sites?

Old 8th December 2013, 11:44 AM   #5
mhasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
No worries, there are no foolish questions. Many here have different approaches.

I take a particular keyword I am interested in then do a search and review all of the organic and paid listings on a page. I compare what I am going to provide to the competition. I find it helpful to create a spreadsheet listing each website then in the columns enter variables that are relevant. For example with an ecommerce site it could be price, delivery time, shipping cost, customer service hours etc. While that applies for ecommerce, the same can be done for any content. Are you the best? If not you should have a clear picture how to improve things to become equal. Then I ask myself what can I provide or do better than all the other sites?
I got it. Thanks a lot. You hit the exact point for which i am looking for. Hope, i will be able to publish some best contents for my audience.

Old 10th December 2013, 06:12 PM   #6
ecapsnet

Send a message via Skype™ to ecapsnet

First point is to identify the right keywords for the website, use keyword planner from the google adword tool. Once you are done with the keyword research you proceed to next level.

Fresh unique Contents with anchor texts, deep link building and posting on niche relevancy play an important while building links.

Write Blogs with unique and quality content which will attract Search engine[s].

While posting fresh contents on article posting sites like ezinearticles.com, thefreelibrary.com, articlesalley.com, articlecity.com, articlesbase.com, isnare.com, kabar-irian.com we must consider rules:
  • Donít add links in the body of the article
  • Considering authority & Contextual Link Building
  • Donít mention company name in the body of the article
  • Donít plagiarize
  • Avoid keyword stuffing
  • Make sure that contents are not misspelled or with grammatical errors.
  • Make sure that you will put only 1- 2 links in Bio Section.

Also we should implement the above tips while writing Blogs, or review a website of participate in niche blog review, Creating squidoo lens.

It's a long list but start from here.. I'm sure the above listed will help you while link building.

ecapsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 04:05 AM   #7
mhasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecapsnet View Post
First point is to identify the right keywords for the website, use keyword planner from the google adword tool. Once you are done with the keyword research you proceed to next level.

Fresh unique Contents with anchor texts, deep link building and posting on niche relevancy play an important while building links.

Write Blogs with unique and quality content which will attract Search engine[s].

While posting fresh contents on article posting sites like ezinearticles.com, thefreelibrary.com, articlesalley.com, articlecity.com, articlesbase.com, isnare.com, kabar-irian.com we must consider rules:
  • Donít add links in the body of the article
  • Considering authority & Contextual Link Building
  • Donít mention company name in the body of the article
  • Donít plagiarize
  • Avoid keyword stuffing
  • Make sure that contents are not misspelled or with grammatical errors.
  • Make sure that you will put only 1- 2 links in Bio Section.

Also we should implement the above tips while writing Blogs, or review a website of participate in niche blog review, Creating squidoo lens.

It's a long list but start from here.. I'm sure the above listed will help you while link building.
Thanks for your excellent tips. It will help me a lot.

Old 11th December 2013, 12:37 PM   #8
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

A good rule of thumb for everything is . . . consider your visitor first and foremost above search engines. If you build your site and create content with your visitor in mind, you are on the right track. Whenever making decisions ask yourself if your decisions are for search engines only or does it put the customer first. Search engines base their results upon visitor behavior, so how they react to your content is of utmost importance. It just so happens that when you do this, you acquire more natural links as well, so it serves you in many ways.

Hope that helps!

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 08:36 PM   #9
mhasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseTaylor View Post
A good rule of thumb for everything is . . . consider your visitor first and foremost above search engines. If you build your site and create content with your visitor in mind, you are on the right track. Whenever making decisions ask yourself if your decisions are for search engines only or does it put the customer first. Search engines base their results upon visitor behavior, so how they react to your content is of utmost importance. It just so happens that when you do this, you acquire more natural links as well, so it serves you in many ways.

Hope that helps!
Hi DeniseTaylor,
I really grateful to all of you, helping me a huge.

Old 23rd December 2013, 04:17 PM   #10
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Best is to always Learn from every Google's update. For you to not go beyond borders with regards on gathering links for your site.