Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th May 2012, 03:18 PM   #1
mdeforge

Default Thinking About Registering LLC Is Another State, Would Like To Know Implications

Hi, first post

I live in Michigan, but am attracted to Nevada's no corporate tax law. I'm starting a two member LLC soon, and am thinking about starting it there. Since Michigan does have a corporate tax, would I eventually get double taxed anyway when I transfer any money from a business account to a personal account? Essentially negating any benefit in the first place? Please assume I'm electing to be taxed as a corporation.

mdeforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st May 2012, 10:34 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

This is not a question that can be answered by an online forum. You NEED to consult with a tax attorney. Which is best for you depends on many factors, such as your own personal financial circumstances, the type of business you plan to start (including projected revenue/growth), what your business partner prefers, etc.

You really need to talk to an tax accountant or a tax lawyer before you proceed.

--Torka

Old 4th June 2012, 08:58 PM   #3
SeattleCPA
VIP Contributor

This doesn't work... if you live in MI, the income your NV LLC earns will all flow right back onto your state income tax return.

This isn't what you want to hear, but the way to "move" your income out of MI is to literally move your family out of the state.

Sorry. (BTW, I am a tax CPA)

Old 4th June 2012, 09:22 PM   #4
mdeforge

No problem, I figured as much. I've decided, for the sake of keeping it simple, to start my first llc in Michigan. Thanks =]

mdeforge is offline   Reply With Quote