Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th January 2015, 12:24 PM   #21
fairdoes
VIP Contributor

It depends on the platform. Make sure it doesn't reproduce the same content with more than one url. If it is liberal with tags, I'd make them nofollow and the content yesfollow.

fairdoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 17th October 2015, 02:27 AM   #22
handsomegenius

There are a couple of issues you have to deal with on a dynamic website that are less problematic on a static site.

The first is duplicate content. Dynamic websites can show the exact same page on a potentially infinite number of URLs, and many of them might get crawled and indexed. This can happen on static sites too, but on nowhere near the same kind of scale.

The other thing you might need to pay attention to on your dynamic site is load speed. Static websites tend to be a lot faster, all else being equal. Poorly configured dynamic sites might take ages to load and this can hurt your search performance.

These days, dynamic sites are the norm for most business websites.. even when the site is doing nothing that couldn't be delivered in static, people will opt for a CMS like Wordpress for its ease of use, wide availability of themes etc. So any up-to-date SEO advice you follow will almost always be written for a dynamic site.

handsomegenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2015, 08:31 AM   #23
larinaperez4

Default SEO practice for Dynamic websites

SEO will be always same for both static or dynamic sites.

Old 17th October 2015, 08:48 AM   #24
handsomegenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by larinaperez4 View Post
SEO will be always same for both static or dynamic sites.
How much URL query parameter stuff are you dealing with on your static sites?

handsomegenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 03:50 AM   #25
nationwidemea

My website is wordpress based and since its creation i m getting problems with meta title which i cant resolved even i get it checked by developers but none of them yet to come to any conclusion. The issue is regarding the title of my home page, which i changed from wordpress admin panel through a yoast plugin and it's showing in the website frontend that i have changed but once google crawl my home page, it did not pick the title and instead just write my name of the company.

Anyone help please.

nationwidemea is offline   Reply With Quote