Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th October 2006, 01:02 PM   #21
vangogh
VIP Contributor

Logan I think the idea of starting off with the guest blogger status is a good one. For most it would be the equivalent of the three month trial for a new employee.

Many people are wanting to get involved in blogging now as a way to market their business, but not all people are cut out to be bloggers. It does take a lot of hard work to come up with new posts consistently. In many cases hiring out makes a lot of sense. The same as it would to hire out a programmer or a designer or any other aspect of your website or busines. It depends on the person really.

I'm planning on opening up my blog to a guest blogger. Another member here actually and I'll be guesting blogging on his site as well. One of the reasons we both think it will work is simply for the different perspectives we can each give on the same topic. We generally write about the same topics, and while we often agree we still each something unique to the discussion.

It will certainly add more time committment to write another post each week, (We're going to start with one guest post per week) but it can also help generate new ideas for posts. I'm sure there will be times when we both add a post that is simply a counter point to one of the guest posts.

Since the guest blogging can really benefit both of us as the guest and the host the schedule can really be somewhat open. Too much can be a problem. It can be hard keeping up with a blog that posts too frequently. But lets say I don't have the time to guest post for a few weeks, then my guest blogger can still post and benefit from the traffic my site delivers as well as the links to his site. I would still benefit from the extra content on my site.

Of course the main thing is finding the right person to hire or trade posts as a guest blogger. You do lose the single voice on your blog, but different voices can also add something.