Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th September 2010, 09:47 AM   #1
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Blogging is a way of expression and if you are going to outsource it, I fear you are violating the basic rules. If you are not having enough time in hand for posting regularly, go and try Twitter or some other of its kind since blogging requires passion that leaves out most people in the middle.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th September 2010, 11:15 PM   #2
Jonashastings

this may be a good idea but the knowledge of your hired writer should be analyzed very carefully.

blog post should have harmony to the whole niche of the site.

Jonashastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 06:12 PM   #3
Scootek

Each person's writing has character and when you outsource it, it looses half it's value, unless you are a b2b business.

Old 15th September 2010, 01:57 AM   #4
naturalbeauty

Blog comments are the lifeblood of a blog. Comments are what separates a blog from a static website. As the conversation builds, so will your relationship with your readers and so will your blog's popularity. Encourage your readers to join in the discussion and leave comments and respond promptly to the comments left by your readers to make them feel valued.

Old 16th September 2010, 10:34 AM   #5
InspiroHost

At the heart of blogging lies the passion of bloggers sharing their experiences, stories, ideas and complaints. Some might say that this passion and stories and personality canít be outsourced. Others would suggest that it can be outsourced especially if a two person team could do it. They could produce more content than one especially if one person is aggregating content and the main author is writing and providing the personality.

InspiroHost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 11:02 AM   #6
Social-Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwebguru View Post
Blogging is a way of expression and if you are going to outsource it, I fear you are violating the basic rules. If you are not having enough time in hand for posting regularly, go and try Twitter or some other of its kind since blogging requires passion that leaves out most people in the middle.
There are no "basic rules" to blogging. Blogs do not have the same purpose today as they once did. Blogging platforms like WordPress have "morphed" into CMS systems and as such are used for building not just blogs, but business web sites, affiliate sites, Adsense sites, etc.

Back in the day when blogs first came out, yes... they were daily journals of personal experiences... basically an online diary.

But that is NOT what blogs are today. I'd venture to say that less than 1% of "blogs" on the web today are used as personal journals. 99+% are used to implement affiliate sites, Adsense sites, business web sites and more.

So outsourcing blogging to get quality content on a regular basis to publish on a business, affiliate, or Adsense blog site is no different than outsourcing article writing on a traditional (non-blog format) web site. It's good business as long as the content you're getting from the paid author is great content and in line with the businesses goals.

Last edited by Social-Media; 26th September 2010 at 11:05 AM.
Social-Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 01:50 PM   #7
bodry1

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalbeauty View Post
Blog comments are the lifeblood of a blog. Comments are what separates a blog from a static website. As the conversation builds, so will your relationship with your readers and so will your blog's popularity.
Well said and something I think is often overlooked! Building these sorts of relationships with people, which involves taking the time to read and comment on their work as well, is crucial to building a successful blog.

bodry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 11:09 PM   #8
martoons

Send a message via Skype™ to martoons

To me blogging is just like an online diary. You 'be yourself,' be real, and write about things that interest you and hopefully interest others too. As for outsourcing... to me that's essential, for the things you don't want to do. Like the technical side of setting up your blog look and feel, etc. Making it 'look right.' oDesk has been a good outlet to find out-sourcers for me. I am also trying out FiverR dot com. You can get some pretty interesting things happening for $5.00, but I'm still experimenting with it. Thanks Martin

martoons is offline   Reply With Quote