Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st September 2011, 12:09 AM   #11
Julianflynn

I got my Social Media Manager from Odesk. Just be sure if you are getting a person to do your social media campaign he or she must interested into your niche. This will be much easier for the Social Media manager to get the word out about your company or topic. I could refer my Social Media Personnel to you, we have been working for almost 2 years now.

Julianflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st September 2011, 01:51 AM   #12
Russell Allert

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaim2pleez View Post
I have about 3 online retail web stores and am looking to have someone do some blog posts and run facebook and twitter pages for all 3. How is the best way to find someone to do this? Is someplace like elance best or where? also all 3 sites sell different items so I assume its best to set up a facebook and twitter page for each of them seperately? thanks
Hi

I agree with CanarsieBK about it being hard to find someone, and that so many people lay claim to being "social media experts".

I would love to find out a little more about your businesses and might be interested in running the social media for them. I noticed that one is a knife store, what about the other two?

Also, where do you live? If you are in Brisbane, I would be happy to have a casual meetup if you like, or a chat over Skype/Phone if you are not.

A little about me:

I specialize in helping small and micro businesses with their social media strategies and issues.

I currently work for Queenslanders Credit Union and also look after social media for the White Wreath Association, who are a non-profit charity helping prevent suicides.

If I can successfully apply social media in the traditionally cautious banking field and the sensitive issue around suicide, I believe I can help you.

Areas where I can help:
  1. Create a social media strategy for your business
  2. Help you gain Likes and followers organically who engage with you and others
  3. Offer practical and inexpensive ways you can engage your fans and grow your online presence
  4. Run your social media for you, after understanding your business and incorporating your budget into the strategy adopted
  5. Creating regular reports on your success with social media and offering ways to improve your efforts

Recent Work History

Online Communications Coordinator at Queenslanders Credit Union
Creating brand recoginition for Queenslanders Credit Union online through social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, as well as re-development of their corporate website to increase traffic and awareness through SEO.

Reporting Officer at Suncorp Bank
Using data from a variety of sources across the business to analyse the success of internal campaigns and to track front-line staffing achievements.

Launched B-Side Creations, a Web Design Company
Freelance Web Designer. Worked from home-office in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.

Web Coordinator at Cashbusters
Managed on-line retail store as well as an eBay store, doubling sales over a 12 month period.

Feel free to contact me via this forum or via Twitter.

Hope you find someone who exceeds your expectations!

Russell Allert

Old 2nd September 2011, 04:24 AM   #13
JazMajor

Most internet marketing companies that you can find in the web hire freelancers from Odesk or Elance to do social media marketing, there are experts in those sites. so I guess it would be a lot better to hire freelancers directly. Besides saving up on cost, you will have direct communication with the person doing the job for you.

One tip though, if you want to get good results, check out the profiles first and see if they have established good reputation through their feedback scores, number of projects handled and number of hours worked.

JazMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 03:22 PM   #14
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Just as companies provide Search Engine Optimization services, others are beginning to provide Social Media services as you describe. I personally am familiar with companies that have used the following services and had good experiences ...

http://www.jenniferlaycock.com/
http://communicatevalue.com/

Both are members of this forum. If you talk to either of them, mention that you are a member of this forum also.
Such a useful reply even its true and it normally happens in SMM platforms.

Old 20th August 2012, 09:04 PM   #15
MikeRoncone

Send a message via Skype™ to MikeRoncone

One of the best ways to find social media managers is what you're doing right now -- participating in social media.

A lot of people don't view it this way, but forums are a form of social media. A good social media manager will spend a lot of time contributing to communities and proving that they have a faithful following.

I may be new to this particular forum, but a lot of my time involves participating in forums and social media sites to make sure that people know me and like me. That way, I can better ensure that people will like the persona behind your business!

Always keep your eye peeled for people that you communicate on forums and things like that. You may run into a social media manager that you genuinely like and can REALLY generate results for you.

Best,
-Mike

MikeRoncone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 01:53 PM   #16
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

freelancer.com and odesk.com are the best options to go with. I am an active user on odesk.com, its a great community of freelancers and contractors.

Old 8th September 2012, 10:37 PM   #17
chinlee

Might I suggest freelancing sites. Odesk.com or Freelancer.com both have very competent contractors willing to work for a fair price.