Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th August 2012, 05:58 AM   #11
nehadas87

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgninestallon View Post
Unique means that should not copied from other sites or from our competitor sites. The content should be very much useful for the people who are in search of information.
Then you should clarify there......write unique content.

Old 30th August 2012, 06:01 AM   #12
nehadas87

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgninestallon View Post
27. Link exchange with other people in your field.
After penguin update link-exchange is no more.

Old 30th August 2012, 06:01 AM   #13
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehadas87 View Post
Then you should clarify there......write unique content.
Yes, i agree with you. Unique in SEO is nothing but content. If you are well experienced in SEO, then you might be knowing it.

Old 30th August 2012, 06:04 AM   #14
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehadas87 View Post
After penguin update link-exchange is no more.
Link exchange works a bit, since if you do link exchange with relevant niche sites, then it is very much useful for your site. I have read in one article that for ranking a keyword in search engine it considers at least 300 factors. So we cannot say that link exchange plays a role in ranking a site or keyword.

Old 30th August 2012, 06:19 AM   #15
nehadas87

Mainly people do Link-exchange to increase back-links......and You need to do more research on Penguin update as it's said any kind of LE scheme has been died.

Old 30th August 2012, 05:39 PM   #16
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

That is good list. But a couple of cautions: Don't overdo it on the links or on the articles. Those are techniques used by spammy sites and could get you penalized if overdone.

I know a lot of people like StumbleUpon, but I'm not thrilled. The traffic is artificial and doesn't stick or convert, so why bother? I'm sure you can get some subscribers, though, who will come back or stick around. But not a lot. I'd prefer to work on content or some other platform, personally.

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 11:37 PM   #17
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Yes Denise. Instead of posting articles on 100's of free article submission websites, it is good to update your site with fresh and quality content. Since search engine loves to visit the webpage which is updated with fresh content only.

I don't mean not to do article submission, but we can pick out the top 20 article submission website with good page rank and try to get your article approved over there. It will be best for your site.

Old 30th August 2012, 11:54 PM   #18
saovietxulynuoc

All factors you list are useful, in my opinion content is more and more important, if your content is good, interesting, useful you will attract more and more traffic to your site

saovietxulynuoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 03:18 AM   #19
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saovietxulynuoc View Post
All factors you list are useful, in my opinion content is more and more important, if your content is good, interesting, useful you will attract more and more traffic to your site
Yes i agree with you. Content is the main thing in SEO and needs to be updated in the site regularly by adding new techniques in the website. Content is King in SEO. If the content is outstanding then naturally you will be getting natural backlinks that really helps your site in ranking in search engines.

Old 7th September 2012, 01:19 PM   #20
rank90

Whatever in my opinion, forum posting and social bookmarking is best way to generate great traffic and this traffic is mostly real traffic.

rank90 is offline   Reply With Quote