Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th January 2011, 06:26 AM   #1
jesicawillss
Banned

Default Signature Effect

I want to know that if I use signature keyword bold or italic or colored than what is its effect? Can it help in getting more back links?

jesicawillss is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th January 2011, 07:07 AM   #2
alexandrabrian

Well its good if you want to bold your signature anchor text and also color it,it looks attractive for many people, and may be more users come to your site through signature text.

alexandrabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 04:23 PM   #3
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Not sure about the efficacy of bold, italics, colors etc. I think the most important factor is having your signature links out there for people to see often. So frequency is more important than actual appearance.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 09:15 AM   #4
dowson12345
VIP Contributor

If you use capital letters and different colors you may attract more people to use signature, but many forums don't allow it at all.

Old 15th January 2011, 02:16 PM   #5
savantcreative

Default Mix it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowson12345 View Post
If you use capital letters and different colors you may attract more people to use signature, but many forums don't allow it at all.
I think it is best to mix it up for serps. Not sure if style matters though.

savantcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 03:07 PM   #6
BusinessHelper

It might be good to mix it up once in awhile to try to draw attention, but in terms of helping search engine rank it won't really make that much of a difference. Search engines only care about your anchor text and where it is linking too, you won't get any "bonuses" in the search engines eyes for taking the extra step to make your signature look "pretty"

BusinessHelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2011, 10:39 AM   #7
jsingerston

Like everyone is saying, by making your signature bold or changing colors you are going to draw more eyeballs to it. If you are trying to build a brand for yourself or trying to get clickthroughs from your signature, then it is probably worth your time. If clickthroughs or your brand really don't matter all that much to you then I wouldn't bother.

Sometimes when you see someone using multi-colored text in their signature - its screams "I am a spammer and a scammer." A lot of the MMO (make money online) people use that tactic to get you to read a sentence about how they are going to make you rich even if you are ridiculously lazy. When you see some MMO advertisement using those tactics- run the other way.

jsingerston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2011, 02:57 PM   #8
SanWay
VIP Contributor

No effect but i like the idea of having some colorful signature - I would choose green and yellow!

SanWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 09:59 AM   #9
shoutPM

It's a good idea as it will stand out and be more noticable, but yea no effect lol, nice to have though!

shoutPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 05:57 PM   #10
habeeb24

I agree with few of you guys who supports no effect...

Yes, it is only just to get glance of users on our signature..but bold signature links are picky..bold links will attract people to click on it.

habeeb24 is offline   Reply With Quote