Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th March 2010, 02:58 AM   #11
Wordpress_guy

In my opinion long tail keywords are really good if we have a lot of contents.

Wordpress_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st April 2010, 02:37 AM   #12
shed3

Send a message via Yahoo to shed3

I think LSI.wonderwheel or longtail is only take 25% from seo effort you should do,beside build content base on that rule,other rule you should not forget is setting up link back to your content,for most webmaster this is the most hard part of doing SEO

shed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 04:15 PM   #13
noeal11

as above all said dat long tail keywords works., yeah long tail keywords are gud conversion keywords.., better concentrate your long tail keywords on blogs.. it works..,

noeal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 07:50 AM   #14
John Peterr

yes, you are absolutely correct.

Long tail keywords can be ranked very easily
Drives good traffic with high conversion rate.

John Peterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 09:25 AM   #15
Franklin12

I am not sure about the traffic but it will definitely improve your ranking in search engine against that Long Tail Keyword because the competition level would not be very high which usually the case for small keywords

Franklin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 08:06 AM   #16
jenifor

I agree with the commenter above me its easy to get rank in google with Long Tail Keyword just because there are competition level is low. Anyway Jaime has a helpful guide line. Thanks

jenifor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 09:59 AM   #17
tomlillon

I'm not sure about the level of traffic--I know that it is obviously easier to rank for long-tail KWs, and that it is definitely easier to convert sales through long-tail keywords.

I have heard from a lot of people who were frustrated about their marketing, that they weren't getting results for their money. I think that it was because of this very issue--a too-small business was shooting for a too-broad keyword.

tomlillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 01:28 PM   #18
WebBizIdeas.com

Send a message via MSN to WebBizIdeas.com Send a message via Skype™ to WebBizIdeas.com
Default Long Tail Keywords-Deliver More Traffic!

Long Tail and Short Tail Keywords is one of the most important part of seo to choose the best keywords by doing quality keywords research.

What is the Meaning and Logic behind the Long Tail & Short Keywords:

Chosen of Long Tail Keywords is the expertise where SEO person decides which long tail keywords have good market of research which could reflect the visitors in organic way. If you are going to choose wrong long term keywords that may rank your website but could not reflect the visitors.

Short Term keywords have high competition as compare to the long term keywords. Its easy to choose but hard to get traffic from.

Old 27th May 2010, 06:17 AM   #19
debtrelief

That is really a good article, I always targeted 2 phrase keywords but this article is really impressive and I will new try for long tail keywords also.

debtrelief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:57 AM   #20
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

Search engines do not view keyword phrases the same way humans do. They do not think in terms of keyword phrases at all.

Google analyses patterns, text on your page could be considered a keyword phrase, Google does not count how many times you use a phrase on your site.

So for example (obviously you need to target keywords for your website), if you are targeting "hampshire walkie talkie quote", Google will also see "hampshire walkie talkie", "walkie talkie quote", "walkie talkie", "walkie talkie quote" (or a combination of those words)

This equates to every time you optimise for "hampshire walkie talkie quote", you are actually optimising for other phrases as well.

Then you need to build links for these phrases

Concentrate on your long tail more and you will succeed with other keywords too

Nutty