Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th August 2009, 03:29 AM   #31
b2bmarketing

I think all are useful to get traffic listed by you.

b2bmarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st August 2009, 03:23 PM   #32
BusinessCoach

Default One Step Further With Articles

Building on the article idea, it is great to post to article directories. They get great coverage and can be picked up by other sites and newsletters for extensive exposure.

The other option is to go directly to the site(s) and newsletters(s) you would like to see your article in and ask if they would be interested in having an exclusive article (It has to be exclusive or it might not get picked up by the search engines). This does take a little longer than the article directories, but it a slam dunk for great exposure. It generates traffic and new visitors to your site, in addition to having that nice one-way backlink for the SEs.

BusinessCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 11:09 PM   #33
jmcflaire

More off page less on page..
Social Bookmarking will give you traffic and easy to get index through google, sitemap, blog commenting, yahoo answer for yahoo link popularity. proper keyword research.

jmcflaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 05:03 AM   #34
janicejan

who ever said that blog spamming is legitimate part of SEO then I guess you got it all wrong, for me its just annoying part of the job where in you need to drop message and go away hoping that you wouldn't be erased, hell yeah! it can boost your PR but actually its not considered as what we call authority links..

articles, directories, social bookmarking, hubpages, squidoo are all part of my link building campaign.. not to mention guest blogging and other good ways to get links..

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 07:50 PM   #35
oramd

im my point of view ..both 4 are really effective ...but forum posting ,blog commenting these two are most effective i think

oramd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 01:30 AM   #36
kety

1. Put your keywords in your <title> tag. Make sure each page has a relevent and unique title, emphasizing the keywords that are on that page. The title is what comes up larger on a page of search results, so make it count.

2. Get your keywords in your inbound links. If another page is pointing at you, whatever text is part of that link goes to your credit in the eyes of the search engines. If your blogger friend has a link to your website on his, it probably says ‘check out Joe’s business.’ Tryto get him to put ‘auto mechanic’ or ‘car repair’ as the link, or at least ‘Joe’s Auto Repair’ - your business name.

3. Have Unique Content and Update Often. Add something to the Internet. Become a resource for potential clients and those in your industry. If you get more page views and clicks through a search engine, the search engine will value your site higher. As a side benefit, you are seen as an expert in the community, which never hurts business.

4. Put your Keywords in your Filenames. Instead of titling your Auto Repair Services page ‘arserv.html’ or another shorthand title, use long, descriptive filenames like ‘car-auto-repair-services.html.’ This is a great technique that is easy to implement and yields great results.

5. Submit your XML Sitemap to Google. It can be a pain to create this formatted index of pages for your site, but it works very well for getting Google to crawl your site sooner, and find more of your pages.

6. Get Backlinks, Especially from Good Sites. This can be tricky to do, but search engines like sites that are linked to by other good sites. One way to implement this is to become an expert advisor on a frequented forum, where you solve problems and answer questions for newbies in your field of expertise. You can put a link to your company in your posting signature. You can even have an employee do this on their downtime. Search engines also value links from .edu and .gov sites more, so if you have connections, use them!

7. Keep your Keyword Density Between 3-7%. When you’re writing all that great, unique content, make sure to seed your keywords and phrases in there so that they comprise 3-7% of the text on a page. Any more, and you look like you’re keyword stuffing (whether you’re trying to or not), any less, and the page doesn’t seem relevant.

8. Use your Keywords in your Headings. Many times a section heading can be too specific for a search engine, so always make sure to fill your <h1> and <h2> tags with important keywords. Don’t leave them out or treat them as ‘implied’ - that’s the worst thing you can do.

kety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 05:21 AM   #37
faizanali0

Well For me SEO All Depend On Mixture of these things listed above, you can't get best results just because of one method of optimization your sites, Forum posting help little, Social media networking/bookmarking helps little, Blog comment (if Dofollow) helps lil bit but it also help you to generate traffic on your site, So i think you can't get GOOD SEO Results just because of one method,

faizanali0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 05:58 AM   #38
Ansel

The importance of the tactic depends upon the time utilized for getting approval for the posted link. I think Directory submission is good for getting back links, social book marking and others are good for traffic generation.

Ansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 06:20 AM   #39
myspot

Send a message via Yahoo to myspot

I think you should use all of them... devote a day for each technique

myspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 03:47 AM   #40
yonkon

seo is not userful for me.

yonkon is offline   Reply With Quote