Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st July 2010, 12:51 AM   #31
JC1227

If you want to be lazy, high quality content is the way to go. If you have good content, over time, people will find it one way or another.

If you want to be diligent, do blog marketing, forum marketing, etc.

Old 16th July 2010, 03:05 AM   #32
musicworld1

I think you should get many good back links so your site will have a good ranking to search engines...

musicworld1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 04:57 PM   #33
Bookmarking Tra

Default Hat "black and white"

Is there anyone who can help me to know about the difference between Black hat and White hat....
For high page ranking which one is best....

Bookmarking Tra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 12:28 AM   #34
liquidroof

There are hundred + factors which need to be focused when we talk about SERP listing.

Regarding my personal experience I would like to say that one should focus both:

-On-Page Optimization
-Off Page Optimization (Quality Inbound Links for the better results)

liquidroof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 07:47 PM   #35
lyrafire

1. Post well-written content that appeals to the long-tail. That means content that is specifically written with your product (and hopefully your business) in mind. Google favors the long tail.

2. Time and persistent effort--it won't happen over night.

3. Build backlinks with social media sites and by posting on forums and other people's blogs.

4. Set up a blog that serves your niche, not your business. I write web content. But rather than write about writing--and having already written small business articles for various sites--I set up a small business information blog designed specifically to appeal to my niche. I have another one on a different topic in the works.

5. After you establish your creds, guest blog. (I'm available!) On Copyblogger, Jonathan Morrow has a good post on this subject that contains links to even more good information. See the latest issue of www.copyblogger.com.

6. Following Jon's advice--which I agree with--write less often, but produce quality content. He--and others like him--is his own good example. I never see anything on Copyblogger, Problogger, or the other very successful sites that is sloppy or thin, and the posts are worthwhile and easy to understand.

Read the comments following the current article that I'm talking about: The Three-Step Guide to Getting More Traffic by Writing Less. Some well-known and top-notch bloggers chime in to say that he is right. Interesting and helpful stuff.

Last edited by lyrafire; 5th August 2010 at 07:52 PM.
lyrafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 12:43 AM   #36
merryjane

You can improve your ranking of SERP by using your keywords as a anchor in the dofollow blogs and forums. and by doing blogging etc

merryjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 03:12 AM   #37
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Make sure you link across your blog so all previous posts still have some links and will be able to be read.

Having intra-site Optimization is something I have been lazy about but am only just starting to improve, after spending months in off site.

Funny how you go all over the world and the answer is often in your own backyard....

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 03:41 AM   #38
jamesparker100

Arrow

The only thing that can improve SERPs is the quality back links and back links can be increased by variety of ways like performing OFFpage techniques such as :
Directory submission
Article submission
PR submission
Blog commenting
Forum commenting
Blogging
etc...

Old 19th August 2010, 01:29 PM   #39
BigDaddys101

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTheBest View Post
It always has been... and probably always will be the king. That's CONTENT. Content is king. But, you also have to be sure that you're writing the content that is going to work for you. It's got to include the key word phrases you're targeting for.

Also, keep in mind, search engines determine the relevancy of a page to the search term. So putting the terms in your meta description and title, then writing content that is not relevant to those titles and descriptions will get you nowhere... and fast.

Each page of your site should be targeted to 5-10 keywords and/or phrases that are (generally) related. That way you will have individual pages ranking for different key word searched.

Hope this helps!
MRchamps no one could give you a better answer. The only thing I could add to it is if you target longer tailed keywords and provide your user's with relevant content or information that keeps them there, eventually you will naturally rank for shorter keywords naturally doing anything special to rank for them.

At least that is how my sites have been working out

BigDaddys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 03:11 AM   #40
kiksmo.solution

Meta tags and anchor text are two most important techniques, try DoFollow blog commenting and forum posting (signature). Other than this Content can play an important role, uniqueness and quality are two most important factor in content writing. Update your blog in an regular basis, use ping services to increase crawling rate...

kiksmo.solution is offline   Reply With Quote