Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th July 2009, 05:57 PM   #41
BioSolutions

I would have to say the best way to get organic traffic is to have as many dofollow links back to your website. Obviously make sure your key words are exactly what you would search for and where your competitors are. I think Wikipedia is a great suggestion and am gonna do that myself, also having a blog or forum about your related field with back links and fresh material helps a lot...

BioSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st December 2009, 10:23 AM   #42
AirForce1

Send a message via MSN to AirForce1

I think organic traffic should come from nice SERP for your targeted keywords. And, this could only be result in a well-done backlinks strategy.
Keeping on building backlinks from forums, blogs and social media sites using your targeted keywords would be OK.

AirForce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 10:53 AM   #43
counterpart2010

I don't know -- but it seems that I would post on my blog and then it would die off! Are they favoring a new blog and articles for a short period of time?

I do know that the woods are getting thicker than before on every topic -- and maybe that's why you don't see a lot of action!

Do a search on each artilce's title and see if they come up in SE. Keep you articles topics very tight too!

counterpart2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 10:23 AM   #44
mitchhyle

The first step in generating organic traffic to your website is to have enough unique content in your site. Unique content is a very attractive food for search engines. All your inner pages should be linked from the homepage. The first page a search engine is going to visit is your homepage. Once it indexes your homepage it looks for further information through these links.

mitchhyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 10:52 PM   #45
erikfast

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but another great way to get organic traffic is to promote your site offline!

Also, you can focus on creating amazing content on your site which will naturally garner more internet attention.

Old 2nd October 2011, 03:58 PM   #46
WeNovate_org

If you are using Wordpress, there are plugins that will help you make your tittles and posts more SEO friendly.
http://mashable.com/2009/03/20/wordpress-seo-plugins/

You may also want to check this guy out- http://yoast.com/
He does lots of nice tutorials on SEO

Good Luck,

Ervis

WeNovate_org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 04:19 AM   #47
B2Bexpert

The fist step in generating organic traffic to your website is to have enough unique content in your site.Keeping on building backlinks from forums & social media sites using your targeted keywords would be OK.

B2Bexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 07:34 AM   #48
shah123456

Smile Orgainc traffic for your blog

Hi,

If you have already done social bookmarking, and you want to get traffic from google and yahoo. then you should do following thing.

Search the relevant keywords that belong to your blog and check their global searches.

After choosing good keywords for your blog, you should check the competition in the market, It will help you to determine how much effort you have to put to make your blog to be shown in google and yahoo searches.

Next thing is you have to optimize your blog according to your relevant keywords.

Now the last thing is links for your blog, you can generate by blog commenting where link posting is available and please check that it should be dofollow

Thanks

shah123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 01:05 PM   #49
Tripbuilder

Default Search Engine

you can get organic traffic; make maximum use of social networking and do follow sites and get the exact target keyword for the same..

Tripbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 08:57 AM   #50
kimstark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeney View Post
hi

recently i made a blog. i'm getting enough traffic from social bookmarking websites but i want to get traffic from google and yahoo as well.

can any body please guide me through that?
Your website should have original content that stands out from the rest in that subject....something unique that puts it in search engines over other websites.

kimstark is offline   Reply With Quote