Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th February 2009, 10:35 PM   #21
channerhewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeney View Post
hi

recently i made a blog. i'm getting enough traffic from social bookmarking websites but i want to get traffic from google and yahoo as well.

can any body please guide me through that?
Just keep optimizing your blog by using some link building strategies like forum campaign, article submission, directory postings and more!!

channerhewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th February 2009, 06:21 AM   #22
felixalexander

Default Organic traffic

Organic traffic

Web traffic which comes from unpaid listing at search engines or directories is commonly known as "organic" traffic. Organic traffic can be generated or increased by including the web site in directories (such as Yahoo! and DMOZ), search engines (such as Google and Inktomi), guides (such as yellow pages and restaurant guides) and award sites.

In most cases the best way to increase web traffic is to register it with the major search engines. Just registering does not guarantee traffic, as search engines work by "crawling" registered web sites. These crawling programs (crawlers) are also known as "spiders" or "robots". Crawlers start at the registered home page, and usually follow the hyperlinks it finds, to get to pages inside the web site (internal links). Crawlers start gathering information about those pages and storing it and indexing it in the search engine database. In every case, they index the page URL and the page title. In most cases they also index the web page header (meta tag) and a certain amount of the text of the page. Then, when a search engine user looks for a particular word or phrase, the search engine looks into the database and produces the results, usually sorted by relevance according to the search engine algorithms.

Usually, the top organic result gets most of the clicks from web users. According to some studies[citation needed], the top result gets between 5% and 10% of the clicks. Each subsequent result gets between 30% and 60% of the clicks of the previous one. This indicates that it is important to appear in the top results. There are some companies which specialize in search engine marketing. However, it is becoming common for webmasters to get approached by "boiler-room" companies with no real knowledge of how to get results. As opposed to pay-per-click, search engine marketing is usually paid monthly or annually, and most search engine companies cannot promise specific results for what is paid to them.

Because of the huge amount of information available on the web, crawlers might take days, weeks or months to complete review and index all the pages they find. Google, for example, as of the end of 2004 had indexed over eight billion pages. Even having hundreds or thousands of servers working on the spidering of pages, a complete reindexing takes its time. That is why some pages recently updated in certain web sites are not immediately found when doing searches on search engines.

felixalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 04:24 AM   #23
rosesmith

It's all about gaining quality incoming links. There is no one step-by-step foolproof method to do this. Much of this is beyond your control. A very high quality unique, professional, good looking site with easy to use navigation will help. This is why I like Wordpress and professionally designed templates so much. Take full advantage of the free SEO plugins for wordpress.

Get a software tool to manage your efforts. We currently use SEOElite, but you may want to look at Link Machine, Web CEO and a few others.

rosesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 05:03 AM   #24
magma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeney View Post
hi

recently i made a blog. i'm getting enough traffic from social bookmarking websites but i want to get traffic from google and yahoo as well.

can any body please guide me through that?
Well content is king if you have unique, user friendly , And quality content Then you don't have to be worry about anything your site automatically get into lot of keywords search engines but For some high competition Keywords you have to get back links.
Get Lot of Quality back links. And i think you already know how to get back link because you have two sites in your signatures so And other things are exchange your link with other sites those are relevant to your Site . Make Blog Commenting to Blogs those are relevant To your site . submit unique and interesting articles in Article directories but remember These thing or useless if you havn't quality content on your site

magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 06:27 AM   #25
tspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittjw View Post
If you want to grow your organic traffic then increase the quality of your blog posts and really focus on your target audience. Search engines are smarter than every before, if you can keep visitors on your site they will find you.

Inbound links are great if they are in front of your target audience. Casually get links, not too many at a time, just a few here and there from quality sites.

Your best bet is to write 2 or 3 articles a month for your site, with 2 or 3 a month as a guest blogger on a site targeted to your niche. A link back from there will attract visitors interested in what you have to say.

After you have 30 to 40 articles, regularly posted, you'll see Google and Yahoo! pick up strong. You will have demonstrated your value to the market place, and the traffic will come.

Sincerely,

Justin
i do agree with you that every major search engine First give attention to unique and user friendly content after that they give attention to back links ...

So first of all make your blog content unique , interesting and user friendly after that make get some quality back links ...
With posting on forums , link exchange with sites those are relevant to your blogs content and do some blog commenting And social bookmarking for your site

tspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 08:14 AM   #26
Jack16

Nice suggestions from every one and I will agree that content should give major preference and it will definitely gives a good traffic to any blog or website.

Old 21st March 2009, 10:38 PM   #27
sasakakee

This is something I'm working on right now with my website. The experts I've consulted recommend reedededededcal linking.

sasakakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 02:58 AM   #28
solexy

check with help some SEO tools your website, and than fix problems with SEO

solexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 02:15 AM   #29
MH Vishal

Default How To Get Organic Traffic

The First step in generating organic traffic to your website is to have enough unique content in your site. Use enough keywords while writing a powerful website.These keywords serve as a great medium for search engines in indexing your webpages. The next best thing you can do is building links with other websites.These links pointed towards your site will help the search engines to find your webpages easily from among millions of other webpages around the world.

Links and unique content are the most important requirements for generating organic and natural traffic for your website.

MH Vishal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 03:27 PM   #30
Japald

Make sure that when you are commenting on forums and blogs that the link tags you are using are actually followed by the search engines. Many forums and most blogs have their robot text set to nofollow for any links in the content.

Search Google for "do follow blogs" and "do follow forums". Leaving comments or posts anywhere else is a waste of time if you are hoping for search engine ranking improvements.

Japald is offline   Reply With Quote