Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th October 2013, 09:25 AM   #11
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremOutshine View Post
As we know that, Business consulting is provided to enhance and improve your company's business operations for more growth and productivity. Starting a business based on the passion and skills helps to keep engaged in the business, however people need to understand that running any business is more complex than starting it. Sometime, business consulting becomes the prominent feature and had worked in the history as well. Hence, no doubt..a better way to start a small business is consulting. Done in right way, you are at apex position.

Also, to know more about business consulting this might be helpful: http://www.ajoft.com/services/business-consulting/
Prem - good point about starting versus running a business. while many of the skills needed for both are the same there are important differences you have to keep in mind. the key is to have a plan to successfully transition from starting to running mode.

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th January 2014, 01:58 AM   #12
cynthiajvazquez

Great Post!

I always wanted to start some business, particularly consulting.I've got 5 years experience in business consulting services and currently working an MNC in Toronto called KPMG.But i'm not getting the support from my family and friends.They are discouraging me and reminds me of the risks involved.

cynthiajvazquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 10:23 AM   #13
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiajvazquez View Post
Great Post!

I always wanted to start some business, particularly consulting.I've got 5 years experience in business consulting services and currently working an MNC in Toronto called KPMG.But i'm not getting the support from my family and friends.They are discouraging me and reminds me of the risks involved.
Well, there is always some type of risk involved no matter what you do. Even the so called "safe" corporate jobs are not safe anymore.

The best way to do is to start something small on a part-time basis and hold onto your current job. Once you start getting some traction you can leave your job and work full-time on your business.

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 09:28 PM   #14
kaoolo

Good article. One point I do not totally agree with you is when you say that :

“On the other hand, starting or buying a business based on your desire to do something may not excite you about what you are doing except for the fact that you will be running your own business.”

Some folks pick niches they know little or nothing about for the simple reason that it is highly monetizable. They research the topic and actually develop a deep love for it.

If you research you topic using great tools that actually teach you exceptional new things every day, your desire to learn more will grow and will soon turn into passion.

Old 3rd February 2014, 12:53 AM   #15
davidlschiavone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiajvazquez View Post
Great Post!

LOL. you got 5 year experience in business consulting services.That too from an MNC like KPMG.Are you still looking for advice from others ?. Please have the guts to follow your heart.Your friends might not know your full potential.

davidlschiavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2014, 11:16 PM   #16
CJ00978

nothing is easy if it was everyone would be doing it and that is what makes the small business owner different from everyone else - the get going when the going gets hard

CJ00978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2014, 03:25 AM   #17
Bigtowers

Really so informative stuff for those people who are thinking to start a new business..I've shared your post with so many guys, they found it so useful. Keep it up.

Bigtowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2018, 09:32 AM   #18
jamesbush

When I started I would only approach business owners that I knew I could help by first analyzing their marketing. You need to be very ambitious, confident, and persevere. You can do it! I promise so many companies fail because many business owners truly need help.

jamesbush is offline   Reply With Quote