Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th May 2015, 11:20 PM   #11
david14beck

- choose your website keywords with maximum searches and less competition.
- update your website with fresh content(search engines love fresh content)
- promote your website on social media websites
- do activities like blog commenting,social bookmarking,PPT,PDF,Video submissions, post your website link with anchor on any website where they allow.

david14beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th May 2015, 01:20 PM   #12
kevincarney

Default SEO has Become Publishing

I have an eBook on my website that gives a good overview.

The title (and link) is below.

Introduction to Inbound Marketing.

kevincarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 02:53 AM   #13
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavnasingh482 View Post
Please help me to know that what is the best way to get website in Ranking?
The best way to rank your website is not to focus on it but to concentrate on providing interesting and engaging information for your targeted audience.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 08:32 AM   #14
guinnesskid613

While good content and a friendly website layout will help you, the number one way to get a website ranked is with strong backlinks leading to your site. Or you could always just make a Youtube video for that keyword as Google loves to display Youtube videos in search results.

guinnesskid613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 09:31 AM   #15
MichaelXH

I find the most useful tools help analyze traffic and competition -- Google Keywords, Moz toolset and SEMRush are my go-tos. Everyone is saying you have to 'have unique content', which you do, and a good keyword difficulty check is a great way to measure just how unique your content is. And traffic will tell you how big the market/interest is for a given subject.

MichaelXH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 08:56 PM   #16
Vida Rinaldi

Hi, for me, I think it is relevant to hire an IT team to increase your market or online presence unless you have ideas that would not need hiring one. You could always try and search for reliable company online in case you need to hire

Vida Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 02:18 AM   #17
LisaHandson

Start building few but quality and natural back links from high PR and high domain authority relevant sites. And also start doing content marketing which is all time best activity in SEO.

LisaHandson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 02:41 AM   #18
Vida Rinaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
@grimdispatcher: that depends on what you mean by "improve your web presence." If the one consultant has the skills to implement what you're looking to do, there's no reason to hire a whole team. (I manage eight websites at my day job, mostly without any outside consulting/IT help... but I do make use of a lot of third party tools to make my job easier.)

On the other hand, if you have a large site and you're looking for a complete overhaul in a short time frame, a team might be a better bet. There are only so many hours in a day and only so much one person can do during those hours.

It also depends on whether the "improvements" you want to make are totally IT-related (i.e. infrastructure and functionality) or if there are marketing / communications / user experience aspects as well. If that's the case, an IT team (or at least an IT team alone) may not be your best bet. You're going to want someone with some UX and user-interface-design chops, you'll need somebody who knows about content, a designer and a digital marketer or two.

If your consultant combines all those skills in one body, they're what we call a "unicorn." Very rare. If they're someone you can easily work with, hold on to them, because you're unlikely to find another any time soon.

Otherwise, the team approach may be a better bet. (Just not all IT people on the team. )

My

--Torka

Thanks, Moderator! This one's worth reading.

Vida Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 05:16 AM   #19
chrisjohn93
VIP Contributor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavnasingh482 View Post
Hi

Please help me to know that what is the best way to get website in Ranking?
There is no best way to get website in ranking instead there are certain tasks which you need to do get in Top 10 SERP'S. You should hire a professional for that because it's not a easy task that you can do it yourself.

chrisjohn93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 08:02 AM   #20
danielnash

update content on website regularly.

danielnash is offline   Reply With Quote