Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd November 2011, 12:55 AM   #11
numeric

Google wants us website operators to focus on our website's services. I guess that's a good thing because Google wants the web owners to be more customer-centric. Nobody in today's time wants to have a slow moving website.

Satisfying simple customer needs goes a long way. If they feel like you've worked on your website to look good and at the same time have some excellent SEO and marketing strategies, it's going to get more traffic.

I guess you can say that it's like you're taking care of a baby. You want him/her to grow the best as he can be.

Old 3rd November 2011, 07:22 AM   #12
James Tallett

Hi Sam,

I think speed is important. I know if I am folllowing a link on Google and the site is slow to open. I will just click the back button and go to the next Google link.

Are there many like me? I don't know but I suspect that there are.

All the best
James

Old 5th November 2011, 11:38 AM   #13
ChrisGregory

If anyone is using Godaddy to host their site I would think about changing for this very reason. I had my original site hosted there and at first it was really fast but after 3 months it was unbearable. Webmaster tools noticed this too as it showed my site in the slowest 75 percentile---ouch! I moved to a new host and notice a 5 spot jump in rankings immediately.

I don't know if you will see this jump but if you are having speed issues and your hosted on Slowdaddy then it might not be your website. They are notorious for overselling their servers.

Cheers.

ChrisGregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 09:09 PM   #14
Loraine321

today morning i had came across some article related to speed of loading the websites and its impact SERP. Google is also considering the speed as one of factor .

Loraine321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 11:33 PM   #15
Ricki

Default Speed Matters

I agree that website speed matter but always not true.I have some websites that are poor regarding speed but excelent regarding performance .

Ricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 02:35 PM   #16
ChrisGregory

If you have sites ranking well and are slow that is probably more because you are doing other things right that have offset the speed factor. Page speed does affect rankings. How much? No one really knows but the fact that Google made it apart of webmaster tools should tell you it is important to them.

Cheers.

ChrisGregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 06:04 PM   #17
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samklein View Post
Found this among my Slashdot updates today:

Looks like it won't make a difference for most people, but having global servers will now boost your ranking.
Thanks for this information. I think this was the thing happen in my website. It just happen that it decreases 1 PR of my site. PR4 to PR3.

Old 29th April 2012, 03:16 PM   #18
fairdoes
VIP Contributor

I suspect it will become more of a factor as the internet gets busier. Certainly most 'affordable' web hosts set out to get a good reputation, then cram in far too many customers.

There seems no such thing as a premier shared hosting service, and not everyone wants to manage their own server or VPS. Why should they?

fairdoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 07:30 PM   #19
David Son

A normal user will never wait for long time to get a website opened. I don't have enough knowledge about Search Engine Algorithms but as normal user I just expressed my views.

David Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 07:31 PM   #20
twhansbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterr View Post
today morning i had came across some article related to speed of loading the websites and its impact SERP. Google is also considering the speed as one of factor .
John if you have a link to that article i'm interested and would like to read.
Thanks

twhansbury is offline   Reply With Quote