Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd September 2011, 01:04 AM   #1
NVISIONtradesho

Smile Please Give Me Feedback On My E-commerce Store

Hi Guys,

I just launched my ecommerce store called Giveawaze and wanted to see if you'd review my Deal of the Day website?

Do you like the colors?
The Layout?
etc...?

http://www.giveawaze.com

NVISIONtradesho is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:33 PM   #2
daveb1
VIP Contributor

Looks cool and the $3.75 per printed mug deal is pretty solid. A few notes:

-the text on the How It works page and most of the site is way way to light.

-if it is one deal a day how does the deal stay up for more then one day as is the case for the one up now?

-What does the tipping point bar/meter mean?

-I might spruce up the border a bit and fill in the white space on the bottom of the homepage somehow

-I might try to add paypal or another famous payment processor as an alternative payment option

-$175 dollars to ship the mugs yikes! How are the shipping charges calculated?

Site looks cool. Good luck as the market you are in is extremely difficult as even Groupon is now slipping

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 12:15 AM   #3
NVISIONtradesho

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb1 View Post
Looks cool and the $3.75 per printed mug deal is pretty solid. A few notes:

-the text on the How It works page and most of the site is way way to light.

-if it is one deal a day how does the deal stay up for more then one day as is the case for the one up now?

-What does the tipping point bar/meter mean?

-I might spruce up the border a bit and fill in the white space on the bottom of the homepage somehow

-I might try to add paypal or another famous payment processor as an alternative payment option

-$175 dollars to ship the mugs yikes! How are the shipping charges calculated?

Site looks cool. Good luck as the market you are in is extremely difficult as even Groupon is now slipping
Hey Dave, thanks for the response!
*I definitely agree with the font. It does seem a little bit too light.

*As for the deals, since it is a new sight I've been keeping them run a bit longer, but after these two deals they will run 12 to 12. Good comment though.

*The tipping point is for when a certain amount of people buy into the deal, than it will be on. If it doesn't reach the tipping point, no one will be charged but the deal won't be on. Is it too confusing, should I just remove it all together?

*Yea the space on the bottom is a bit too much I feel like as well. But the border interesting point.

*PayPal is a great option as well. Agreed.

*The shipping is what is getting to me to me as well. If anyone has any good ideas for shipping that'd be appreciated or who to ship with to reduce this price that'd be appreciated.
Basically 36 mugs ship per box, each box weighs 36 pounds and its dimensions are 19 length x 14 width x 16 height. So for 150 mugs we would need 4 different boxes, which run about $30 to $70 each depending on where it is shipped to. Unfortunately at the moment it doesn't calculate to where it is shipped and how much it should be, so I did the average of shipping per box. If I need to ship to Florida or East Coast I actually bite the bullet, but if I ship to California, I pretty much break even.

Thanks for the comments and I hopefully don't see myself as a competitor with Groupon. More I'm like a woot.com but with printing and Promo items.

More feedback is very appreciated.

Last edited by NVISIONtradesho; 24th September 2011 at 03:48 PM.
NVISIONtradesho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 01:23 PM   #4
kalyptra

i think you are having a sound, content advice

design:

font, font sizes and font style is quite off.

layout seemed too wide, doesn't harmonize with the font sizes and columns' width

spaces. i am seeing odd spaces especially at the left column at your homepage

emphasis. it would be nice to see more colors for emphasizing a paragraph, especially on the how it works page. something like we could scan the page and can see what we want to read right away because something caught our eyes to read it, if you can understand what i mean.

it would also be nice to see what your site is all about without reading anything yet.

the concept is superb. just try to improve the web design...

kalyptra is offline   Reply With Quote