Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th January 2008, 06:18 AM   #11
erothchild

Send a message via Yahoo to erothchild
Default Just to be safe

I would say no, but I never thought of the localized marketing... May I ask why you want the site hosted outside the us? Is it possible to move it here to market the particular area you are in?

If you need to be out of the US, I have seen a lot of luck lately with mini sites (5-10 pages) that target niche words as well as areas.

erothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th January 2008, 06:51 AM   #12
simonr

Send a message via Skype™ to simonr

I'm ABSOLUTELY not an expert, but over here in the UK, quite a few people have mentioned to me that, all other things being equal, google.com and google.co.uk give different rankings depending on where the stuff is hosted. In fact it's something of a marketing advantage now. No idea how valid this opinion is, of course.....

S

Old 27th January 2008, 06:58 AM   #13
greytdogz

"PS: You know something is wrong when one of your blogs outranks your website"

That comment made me laugh...my blog outranks my website too. I have been in business over 4 years now and the Greyt Inspirations (homepage) is pagerank is 4. It took alot of work and time to get there so I am pleased with that - for now.

However, my blog, which I created late last year, is pagerank 5. Never been able to figure that one out... but definetly not complaining.

greytdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 02:43 AM   #14
solid28
VIP Contributor

Thumbs up

The location of your server *might might* but one of the 200 or 300 some odd factors taken into account by google...however, prolly doesn't matter much.

Your time will be better spent making some tools or articles that will be referenced over and over in your industry...like this for the seo field.

Or make some google gadgets.

All the best,
Evan Jerkunica

Old 29th January 2008, 11:46 AM   #15
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

Pressure, that happened to me as well with the blog - and unlimited access to the website. Outranked because of the constant content update.

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote