Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Copywriting
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th September 2011, 01:26 AM   #1
kalyptra

Default Help, Copywritting

hello, i am an article writer. if i am familiar with the topic, i can write ten more original article of that topic a day.

what i can't seem to do is spinning an article title making it 800% written!

example how would you rewrite this to make it 800% rewritten:
Business Executive Perks Impact to Regular Employees

i spin it into this
How CEO Perks Affect Regular Employees

and i get about 400% rewrite...

i am using the site articleranks to test rewrite percentage... and i just can't figure what algorithm this site is using. also, is there a site where i can test rewrite percentage for free?

any tips as to how i get higher rewrite percent?

i am new at this and i need help...

thanks...

kalyptra is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th September 2011, 10:10 PM   #2
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Hi !

The best advise I can give you is to stay away from all the fluff and junk that article spinning software or sites are pushing. Really, if you're good at writing content, leave the article for a day or two and then RE-WRITE IT in your own words.

Besides, what does 800% rewriten mean?

Quote:
Business Executive Perks Impact to Regular Employees
Fist of all, (sorry, not trying to beat you up) but the above headline really doesn't even read properly.

You could change it by restructuring the question or using totally different words. Try something like:
  • Employee Moral is Way Down because of Executive 'Perks'
  • Do Executive Incentives effect other Employees?
  • Executives Take Incentives - Employees Take a Walk!
  • Perks? Are they Only For Executives? What do Employees Say?
  • Top ____ Reasons Why Executive Perks can Effect Employees

Ok... that's as far as I go for free!

But really, it's not that difficult if you have a real good command of English. I am not trying to beat you up... but from your post, you do write well, but it sounds like English is your second language and that may be what's holding you back.

The ones I came up with may not be perfect for your application, but they took just a little over a heart beat to come up with.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 02:40 AM   #3
kalyptra

hello!

thank you for the examples, they are so wonderful!

and yes, english is my second language that is why i am here, learning and i am not disappointed.

i have just been writing articles for 2 months when i have a client who wants to make me write an article/day and spin it at least five times. the thing is i got to use this site of his.

i got frustrated because no matter how i tried to rewrite the titles, i just can't get it right. but that was yesterday, now i know what type of algorithm the site is using...

but i appreciate your examples so very, very much.

again thank you!

Kaly

PS: i don't know what 800% rewritten too. i thought 100% is enough...

Old 11th September 2011, 10:30 PM   #4
Johndiv23

Spinners wreck your article, no matter how good it is once it you used a spinner, it turns it into junk, if you just rely on the software to do all the job for you. But, there are ways where you can write different versions of it, though it may take time.

For me spinners is a tool, not to provide me with hundreds of content, but to cut my editing time. I can easily revise sentences, change synonyms in just a snap. But after revising it, i meticulously check it again for errors.

Johndiv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 05:56 AM   #5
kalyptra

i perfectly agree, that is why i had a hard time at first. i found it strange to spin articles using spinners. i ended up rewriting the articles myself so it really takes a lot of time because i have to do at least five rewrites a day.

thanks for the reply

Old 12th September 2011, 09:50 AM   #6
Gary Barzel
VIP Contributor

I agree that article spinning generally is a waste of time as it usually comes out not looking good. Also I imagine at some point Google will come up with a way to prevent article spinning. If you do want to write different versions of the article for yourself, then spin it manually. You can take a long paragraph and shorten it, and add a bullet list or something like that to change it up.

Old 13th September 2011, 12:41 AM   #7
kalyptra

that is exactly what i am doing now. i spin it manually. the site will only tell the percentage of rewritten. i still don't understand what that percent means but i have found the trick to get what i needed, the 800%.

thanks for the reply, i appreciate it

Old 19th September 2011, 04:59 PM   #8
daveb1
VIP Contributor

I personally would focus my time on landing higher paying and higher quality writing jobs.

Writing 10 articles a day at $5 an article or whatever your receiving and just sitting around spinning the same stuff will probably never really advance you as a writer or land you a good writing job.

If English is your second language then it is even more important to spend time on actually learning how to write/research rather then just sitting around manipulating the same words/topics.

If you truly can write 15 high quality articles per day then you should not even be worried about spinning anything and you should probably be working on higher paying jobs and using some of the writing for your own gain/growth (i.e. think yahoo contributor or other places that pay you for your own writing and let you keep a % of future profits).

If you are averaging anywhere near $10 an article then you are making over a $100 a day and are probably super rich by Phillipines standards so you can disregard the advice.

I can tell you that most of the best writers in the States don't even look at spinning jobs.

A good writer would rather write 1 article of super high quality at $60 per lets say 1200 - 1500 words (well researched) per day. Or maybe a $100 press release because that is a more exclusive expertise/niche then general writing. There are 100's of other types of writing jobs that pay well besides just article writing also. I would look into those to keep a nice writing balance as well and to keep constantly improving and expanding your writing skill sets.

Then writing/spinning 10 $5 articles per day

I guess ultimately its about your goal as a writer and your preferences and the above is just something to think about.

Best of luck it sounds like you have the "write" attitude!

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 10:54 AM   #9
SanWay
VIP Contributor

I am not an expert in articles spinning but all I do i do with my hands and brain. I mean I dont use any software only lingvo, i think this is the best decision to rewrite an article better.

SanWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 12:36 AM   #10
kalyptra

hello dave,

you hit the mark about spinning. i am just a few months into this gig so i am happy to think about complaining about the pay. what i am getting now makes me purr as this is just a part time job which makes what i earn on writing as an extra.

but i do believe that in everything one has to grow and that entails growing out of something too. so what you said is very sound and thank you because i haven't gone so far into writing to think i can do more.