Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th April 2010, 08:40 PM   #1
armarook

Lightbulb Streaming Videos Idea For Website

What do you guys think of a website where you can embed youtube videos to play them either simultaneously or timed out one-by one in one browser tab/window for example: presentations, just planning out what you want to watch without getting up, playing different music performances side by side, and rating peoples layout of videos planned out one by one (ex: someone wants to put up all their favorite dave chappelle videos on youtube so people can check them out quickly all in one tab)?

With the PC/Laptop use with larger monitors, TV's and projectors today it might be useful especially since it is easy to zoom in and out within browsers to kind of choose the videos you want to play next to each other. I know I personally could use it not just for surfing around at videos, but for work, giving particular training presentations on the cell phone industry just by using certain youtube videos. I have also noticed that now-a-days it is getting more difficult to download streaming videos in the first place to play videos back to back or simultaneously.

..... I'll be honest I did get the idea for this from you tube doubler, and I've only spoke to a couple web developers locally and they both said from a technical aspect it could easily work but they were designers that haven't tried creating anything like this. I could always outsource the work or have it done professionally around where I live. My next step would be to check into the marketing of it and potentially the number of hits I could get and of course how much money this may take to create overall. I also would need to figure out how many videos people can embed maximum before an average computer browser crashes and based on average internet speeds. Maybe the site doesn't just allow embeds of youtube videos but of any embeddable online video as well? I guess I'm not too worried if this doesn't work out or is a bad idea, I have other potential website ideas floating.

Maybe you guys already know of a website just like this. I also understand this isn't a website you would need to use everyday or anything like that. One particular question I guess would be, is this idea worthy, profitable or useful?

armarook is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.