Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th August 2013, 04:14 AM   #1
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Question Pinterest 101 For Beginners

Years ago, I used to post all my images online using a watermark to make sure people knew who I was and where I was coming from.

Now, I have a couple of Pinterest accounts and pages and everything just pings along.

I can even use the hashtags for #crossover promotion in twitter and other social media.

Whats your secret to getting Pinterest just right?

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th August 2013, 12:52 AM   #2
timonline132

Pinterest I think is much more worthy and reliable source to get the traffic from your niche or market.

timonline132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 08:04 PM   #3
peachrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by timonline132 View Post
Pinterest I think is much more worthy and reliable source to get the traffic from your niche or market.
Yes you are right on this one, although it is not an overnight success in getting followers in Pinterest but worth the effort and time spent. Did you try using YouTube as well?

Last edited by peachrose; 2nd September 2013 at 08:31 PM.
peachrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 05:39 AM   #4
Mellisa Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampers View Post
Years ago, I used to post all my images online using a watermark to make sure people knew who I was and where I was coming from.

Now, I have a couple of Pinterest accounts and pages and everything just pings along.

I can even use the hashtags for #crossover promotion in twitter and other social media.

Whats your secret to getting Pinterest just right?

Sharp and quality images as well as #hash tags within pin will help to make your content more viral in the market but make sure regarding the content of the pin which should be unique, interesting, helpful and talking about the pin.

You can also pin inforgraphic, product and its offers, ebooks etc.

And yes, as per peachrose told, you can also pin YouTube video also and if you not tired it still then try it. This link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrVl70W9RxA will help you to do the same.

Old 22nd October 2013, 10:29 PM   #5
Hampers
VIP Contributor

I am editing my images in picture manager then condensing them down to around 100kbs so they are quick loading.

Also, I am finding that using established hashtags works better than starting new ones!

Old 18th December 2013, 11:33 AM   #6
RyanTC

To ensure Pinterest success, I always advise to set up your account properly, prepare your blog for pinning, integrate Pinterest share buttons with your other social media platforms, research what your ideal client is pinning, set up your initial boards and start pinning!

Old 27th December 2013, 09:42 AM   #7
Carrie Minton

I love Pinterest, especially now the there's a new mapping places feature. It's sooo amazing to know because it is very helpful to businesses for them to be located by customers. And the pinners are very active.

Carrie Minton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTC View Post
research what your ideal client is pinning,
This is very important across all types of marketing - getting to target your ideal client makes all the difference.

Old 30th December 2013, 12:27 AM   #9
Qmind

I agree with Carrie the new Place Pins feature is truly amazing and can be a huge asset to increasing traffic for local shops. I'm sure with some brainstorming a business could come up with a clever marketing strategy based around Place Pins.

Old 16th January 2014, 09:26 AM   #10
Carrie Minton

Thanks for agreeing with me Qmind! Yes, and I noticed that those images that are pinned to maps can be easily searched. Hope every SMM people will maximize their efforts on Pinterest. It's truly fantastic, and we'll find lots of very amazing photos.

Carrie Minton is offline   Reply With Quote