Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th September 2006, 09:40 PM   #1
espeed

Send a message via AIM to espeed Send a message via MSN to espeed Send a message via Yahoo to espeed Send a message via Skype™ to espeed
Default Hello from New Hampshire

Hi Everybody,

I found this site a couple of days ago and I am very impressed by the level of pertinent information available. I look forward to be able to contribute as a member of this community.

espeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th September 2006, 10:59 PM   #2
Benacer

Send a message via Yahoo to Benacer Send a message via Skype™ to Benacer

Hi espeed,

Please tell us about your business..

Benacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2006, 08:22 AM   #3
espeed

Send a message via AIM to espeed Send a message via MSN to espeed Send a message via Yahoo to espeed Send a message via Skype™ to espeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benacer View Post
Hi espeed,

Please tell us about your business..

Hi,

I am a whsle distributor of aftermarket car parts. I am in the process of developing a site at the time being.

I have come up with what I think is a innovative way to market my company to a large scale audience. I want to sign up as a advertiser/Sponsor to many Auto related forums. During this time I will seek out qualified community members to be my (Forum Super Agent) there role would be to develop special sales, group buys etc. I will provide all marketing material and pertinent product info and pricing. Here's the kicker..I will split profits 50/50 w/ my Forum Agents..but how can I accurately track sales. So I have been playing around w/ Google Base for a little while now and what I was thinking was to possibly list all products for sale on Base. This gives me flexibility to pull specials when they end etc. Is there a cost effective way to use affiliate links to accomplish my goal?

I know this might sound a little confusing..I want this to be as streamlined as possible and my Forum agents to be as motivated and assured that they are getting there cut. My site when completed will be Auto based portal /serving as (Strategic Parts Partner) or Broker so there will loads of content i.e classifieds/videos/reviews/ etc.

I would appreciate any feedback at all. I look forward to seeing your posts.

God Bless,
Tom

Old 20th September 2006, 09:18 AM   #4
mktgbiz

Tom

Glad to have ya.

-

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2006, 07:38 PM   #5
simply4est

Sounds like a cool idea - all the best with it!

Forest

simply4est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 07:28 AM   #6
espeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply4est View Post
Sounds like a cool idea - all the best with it!

Forest

Thanks originally I was just going to go the normal e-commerce route..but building a database for over 750,000 products was getting to be very expensive and time consuming. So I started thinking what is separating me from being able to sell my products? It was easy I had the whsle connections at rock bottom prices and great service so I knew I had the infrastructure to be able to make this work via drop shipping.

I started advertising on one forum that I used to advertise on at the e-commerce business I last worked for and found this grass roots direct approach very successful but it was also a lot of work to give that forum the attention it needed to be successful. So I started to think how can I sell all of my products to all of the forums and maintain the level of high community standards and build a solid reputation. This is when I came up w/ the idea of Forum Super Agents..forum contributors that post quite frequently that are liked by all have great technical background in there specific car (universe) i.e Honda or VW expert or enthusiast.

My big thing right now is trying to nail down the whole process of signing on a Forum Super Agent to the completion of a sale. This is why I am interested in the "affiliate" aspect of this. I have to be able to prove and establish that the Forum agent will get his % and that he will have this faith that he knows he will be getting his cut so in turn he will be that much more motivated to sell. Also I will use Google Base/Checkout to load all specials and sales the forum Super Agent will be given the link to promote. I will push the angle that this is safe for all parties due to the fact that nobody but Google sees there personal info.

I plan on posting (Auditions or tryouts etc.) do develop some buzz about this on each forum. Part of the deal will be that once signed on for the Super Agent after the first month they will be responsible to pay for the monthly advertising fee for that forum as a (licensing fee etc.) after that all profits will be split 50/50. I will provide all the excel price lists to Super Agents with our discounts noted and our pricing clearly marked. I will also work one on one with each Agent to develop proper (Markups) and margins so that we all make money.

I plan on doing this on a small scale on 5 selected forums once my site is up and running. The site will be a content based community portal also offering parts advisory service..

I would really appreciate any feedback and advice or questions. I want to try to cover all my bases.