Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Selling Ad Space
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd June 2005, 08:08 AM   #1
outbuy

Talking Trading ad space

I propose, instead of buying or placing Google ads or other ads, let's trade ads.

You can go look at the other person's site and see if its a valid place for your ad. You can decide between the two of you what size, colour, etc (maybe have available templates to suit multi) and then inform where you're going to put it. That way you are both on even par and can check time to time to see your ad.

I track click throughs personally, so you can also see and revoke at any time ads that are not working (after informing the other person of course).

Win win for everyone here on the board for applicable products!

outbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd June 2005, 06:09 PM   #2
Robert
Administrator

That is a great, low cost, way to generate traffic and utilize ad space.

Old 24th June 2005, 10:45 AM   #3
outbuy

Default Low cost - what cost

Low cost - what cost?

If you agree, let's get everyone together and make it happen. It benefits everyone I think, great ads, good looking ads, free ads, related ads, and no competitor ads.

outbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2006, 02:57 PM   #4
kevinliles

That does sound like a great plan. Real easy on the pocket.

kevinliles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2006, 11:31 AM   #5
funchip

Default Any one took the lead?

I'm interested in the ad trade. There are some technical issues, such as the database for the exchange, templates, fairness control, etc, need to be handled (as I can see).

Is there any existing service available? Or if enough interests, we may bring people together and create a program.

Any suggestion?

funchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 11:10 PM   #6
foxdmatt

Sounds great, you can use Basecamp.com for a database site or just email the materials through a file if you trust each other. It'll work if the sites are related but don't compete directly, have similiar traffic and have similiar quality products. I'll be going live for that idea shortly.

foxdmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 08:09 AM   #7
esearing
VIP Contributor

An easy method would be to provide link banners and materials on your own site. The host site could just hotlink to the site or grab the images.
Make it easy for them by providing code. (see my "link to us" page )

Standard sizes could mimic banners on other affiliate sites:
468x60h, 234x60, 125x125, etc....

You could even create mini banners like those seen for feedburner, blogexplosion etc.

I'm in if y'all want to swap links in the small business category. My site is well suited for ad links on multiple pages.

esearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 07:43 AM   #8
pageBuzz

Default Ad exchange system

I have an ad delivery system I built with plans to open it to general use. I used it with affiliate links on about 200 of my own websites. The ads are text, similar to google ads, but not anyway close to as good.

I remove the ads and left just ads for my business because the affiliate links were too much to maintain for the income they generated. But the system allowed my to deliver text ads to hundreds of sites from one common point.

I still have some automotive ads at:
http://sharkyscars.com

You will notice the ads on the right side of the pages labeled at the bottom "bulblebee ads". They are java script delivered.

If there is a significant amount of interest I might be willing to finish the development and open it as a ad exchange system. There are already ads on at least 150 of my websites to get started.

I also run a hosting company, so I have many clients that may be interested in joining and its been an idea on the back burner anyway.

Unfortunately, I do not have any fraud controls, so we would need honest people that would be fair about traffic.

I do not have anything to show as far as the management system, because I have only used it myself. But I thought I would throw it out there into the discussion.

I just built a program to deliver my clients ads to parked pages. Another heavy resource I have. Hundreds of parked domains.

I would be interested in advertising my hosting service on any small business websites that might like to exchange ads. Just need a fair way to exchange traffic.

pageBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:48 PM   #9
GCSdesigns

Send a message via MSN to GCSdesigns

I'm definitly interested in this. Let me know what i can do to help. My company does webdevelopment professionaly and in the past has developed some ad systems for diffrent companies. If enough people are interested i might be able to get a modfied one up and running in a very little time. I would just need some specifics and who is interested.

GCSdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2006, 04:07 PM   #10
mikepudgings

I am interested in exchanging an entry in my webrawl site for some ad space and or links.

mikepudgings is offline   Reply With Quote