Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd June 2008, 01:58 PM   #1
HRB

Default Will Internet Marketing Surpass Broadcast Tv?

Greetings Everyone,

Do you feel that on-line marketing will eventually surpass broadcast tv
1) in people reached ?
2) in ROI?

Regards,

HRB

www.wowzzy.com "Bringing small business to the big table!"

Last edited by HRB; 13th June 2008 at 04:40 PM.
HRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th June 2008, 11:38 AM   #2
HRB

Greetings all,
Here's another insight I felt compelled to share.

Regards,
HRB

think it has already surpassed broadcast TV for both questions....

1) People reached.
If you visit a few news sites a day, you are hit with typically a dozen or so ads on each page. But if you watch the news, you might see 15-20 ads total.... And if you spend 20 minutes on myspace you get hit with more ads than 8 hours of TV.... (unverified, but I might be right. Also, NOT a good example of online advertising..)

2) ROI.
This is the more important question.... Who cares if a million people saw your ad on TV? Your ad was meaningless (at least at the moment) to 99% of them. And if you did interest someone, odds are they forgot about it because they started watching their show again. How do you call someone to action when they are watching TV??? And you just spent HOW much?

Online, however, a well thought-out campaign gets your ad in front of someone AS they seek out the product or service you offer. And it goes further because your ad can take them to your site, which is literally having them come into your store. From there, you can actually sell them something! And so much more...

The ability to place a targeted ad next to search results is exciting. I can pay 5 cents to have someone come to my site (my business) KNOWING that they were looking for my product. AND I can scale it up or down as needed.

This is nothing less than a paradigm shift. Unfortunately, because it is all called "advertising", people are convinced it is all the same (or at least comparable). But its not.

HRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 06:42 AM   #3
mktgbiz

Personally, I don't think it will.

Some people will never have computers while almost every single household has at least on tv.

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 11:03 AM   #4
SashaMike

In my opinion, it has the internet marketing has the potential to outpace offline media.

I say this because almost every one can start promoting their products, services, or even themselves through online marketing. But tell me how many can even think of advertising on the TV or Radio? not me at least....

TV/Radio is for the big players. If they don't target, their competitor will take their share. But If not marketing on TV, I may not be loosing much as I know my competitor may be in the same position as well.

Online marketing is cheap thats why more and more people are gearing up themselves for this medium. There are more and more "online marketers" on daily basis than offline marketers.

Thank you

SashaMike is offline   Reply With Quote