Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd December 2008, 11:33 AM   #21
TradeShowGuru

Hey USSDBB,

Welcome! (I say welcome as if I'm not a newbie myself

I agree with pretty much whateveryone else said in terms of the ideas. Define your target market, make connections, establish a budget and go from there. Working in connection with other community based organizations, is a really good way to go. Not only does your business get exposure, but you will be able to meet potential clients.

Sarah

TradeShowGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st December 2008, 08:28 PM   #22
james_363

Find someone with customers that you would like to attract. Since you are in insurance, maybe a book keeper or an accountant. Offer them a referal commission for any one they refer to you.

Here is the real trick, professionals don't like to promote people they dont know. Approach your accountant first, or anyone else you have an existing economic relationship with (ie you pay them money). They will be more inclined to listen to your proposal.
Also things may not work out the first time, but keep at it and you will see tons of results in a short time.
Lastly, make the deal the easy for the individual that you are asking to promote with. They are more likely to agree if they don't have to do much work.

james_363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 08:11 PM   #23
Dave Yoakum

There are a few of ways that I use.
1.I market to my current customer base.
2.I have a referral system that prompts my current clients to reffer their friends.
3.But, the main way I have found to bring in new clients is. I advertise to groups in my area. With just one contact I can advertise to all their members.
There are tons of untapped advertising opportunities. You can find groups waiting for your message in almost every area. Try to reach groups that have regular monthly contact. Newsletters, e-mail, meetings ect...

Last edited by Dave Yoakum; 6th February 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Dave Yoakum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 04:34 PM   #24
JCWHong

1. Direct mail (postcards, letters, etc.) that will get them warmed up to your business.
2. Follow up with phone calls.

Would you like some online marketing ideas?

JCWHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 08:19 AM   #25
userinsight

You could also go for video marketing. Not only is it cost efficient, it could also save you precious time with its automated process. Just google up the term "video marketing", and educate yourself about viral marketing. These methods could be a huge asset to your business if you successfully balance them out.

userinsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 04:23 AM   #26
cellphone3

good quenstion , I also want to know !

cellphone3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 08:46 PM   #27
mobilephone7

i think online marketing is more effective too,offline marketing there are so many aspects to consider.

mobilephone7 is offline   Reply With Quote