Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th May 2011, 02:06 PM   #61
danielkanuck

No matter what you do, make sure your sign on your vehicle is designed to generate a response. I'm not a fan of brand advertising because it takes so long to work, and i doubt that you have the advertising capital to implement a long-term branding campaign.

Whenever someone see's your vehicle, make sure there is a non-confrontation way of them getting in contact with you. The best way to do this is with a free offer, and giving them a number to call for the free report, or have them go to your website.

Old 27th October 2011, 07:36 PM   #62
Hiles Signs

I have a decal on my car window with my business name, it has generated some traffic to my site, not a huge amount of course but every little bit helps! It is not that expensive to get a custom decal for your car, and it is working for you 24/7 and you don't even have to pay it! Landscape companies, construction companies and a lot of other contractors put decals on their door aka door signs, its good for them when they are on job sites or residential neighborhood if there is someone out there looking for similar work. I worked for a general engineering contractor in the past and have seen people take down the phone number on the side of the truck because they were looking for some grading or weed abatement on their property. It's definitely a valuable form of marketing.

Hiles Signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 10:10 PM   #63
MargSpencer

I have a relative that posted their business at the back of their car, along with their web address. I think it does a pretty good job advertising their company and drives good raffic to their website.

MargSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 05:06 AM   #64
mktgbiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielkanuck View Post
No matter what you do, make sure your sign on your vehicle is designed to generate a response. I'm not a fan of brand advertising because it takes so long to work, and i doubt that you have the advertising capital to implement a long-term branding campaign.

Whenever someone see's your vehicle, make sure there is a non-confrontation way of them getting in contact with you. The best way to do this is with a free offer, and giving them a number to call for the free report, or have them go to your website.
Here! Here! That is of course, if you are trying to generate NEW biz!

If your name is plastered on your vehicle to look more professional when you pull into the driveway to perform the job contracted, then that's not necessary.

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 05:58 AM   #65
Neil D

We have signage on all our vehicles and have got a small amount of business from it. I don't think it is the most effective type of advertising these days.

Old 10th May 2012, 02:59 AM   #66
StuartMackenzie

Send a message via Skype™ to StuartMackenzie
Smile Advertise your domain name

I used to be a partner in my own business and at that time it was very difficult to get a domain name ranked. I held the opinion then and am still of the same opinion now that if all members of staff had been willing to have a rear windscreen or fender sticker which summarise the service and provided the domain name it would have created more visitors to the site. Just a thought

StuartMackenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 08:19 PM   #67
ilovemedia

It really depends on the situation. Sometimes vehicle advertising would really be an unnecessary expense that would lose you money rather than make you some.

Old 23rd July 2012, 06:45 PM   #68
S_Litzow

I've read a statistic that car wraps get between 30,000 to 70,000 views per day (obviously it depends on how much driving you do) and also have the lowest cost-per-impression rate compared to any other form of advertising. I think the key is that you are driving in an area in which your target market resides, you drive a considerable amount of miles a month, and you park in highly visible areas. If so, then vehicle advertising could be a great low-cost marketing option for your small business.

S_Litzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 09:32 PM   #69
imdianazweig

Default Re: Advertising On Your Vehicle

I like the idea of vehicle advertising it really works for some people. I already jotting down some numbers that really caught my attention. The point is the way you advertise it and how creative and catchy it is. Besides advertising on your vehicle works if they're going or not.

imdianazweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 06:54 AM   #70
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewHealth View Post
I'm trying to get an idea of how many people here, either with primary online business OR offline businesses advertise on their vehicle?

In my opinion, I think every vehicle should have advertising on it. Obviously, the effectiveness of it depends on your population and also your market - but if there are people in your area that can benefit from your products or services, I think every person should advertising on their vehicle.
Yes Vehicle Advertising is quite effective. We are in the Carpet and Flooring Business and we have our trucks lettered with our company information and logo. It is probably the best free advertising that you can get.

carpetnj is offline   Reply With Quote