Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th May 2011, 11:22 AM   #21
stsmartmethods

Cash flow is the main concern of every small business. With good cash flow, the business is able to settle the current portion of its obligations when they become due, thus allowing for smoother operations.

Tony Harrington

Last edited by stsmartmethods; 12th May 2011 at 11:25 AM.
stsmartmethods is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st May 2011, 10:18 PM   #22
BKK

We are a new business (a year old) and are an LLC. We're semi familiar with the differences of an LLC vs Sole Proprietorship however are still kind of confused on how to handle the paperwork to "pay" myself (as the owner). Any input?

BKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 04:22 AM   #23
pink_briefcase

Hey 508dunn and everyone,

Putting up a business these days would always be a risky move since economic crises may always pose as threats to a budding money-making venture. Great thing about today is that we still have the internet for us to learn new things about how to get started despite the recession. One site that helped me is toughbiz .com. It surely will not just teach you how but will also tell you about the common mistakes that businessmen experiences and in that way you are able to not do the same. Hope it helps..^_*

Keep on keeping on...

pink_briefcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 05:33 PM   #24
tgriffith

Research all the business financing tools available. Credit cards, bank loans, invoice factoring, personal loans... there are many options available and, most likely, a combination of them will fit your business perfectly. Like others have said- look for solutions that offer cash flow and, ideally, don't create debt.

Old 20th June 2011, 12:41 PM   #25
Portal

I've noticed that a lot of business owners are having trouble finding small business loans.

Portal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 12:45 PM   #26
tgriffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portal View Post
I've noticed that a lot of business owners are having trouble finding small business loans.
That's true... but many are also finding alternate sources of capital. I happen to blog on that topic, if you're interested you can read them here:

http://www.universalfunding.com/blog

Old 26th June 2011, 10:24 AM   #27
Michold

Smile Business financing

Factoring should be the last option in my opinion. One of the best ways to have some financing is to build your business credit. You do not have to have massive cash flow. The idea is to set it up in a way that you can apply to certain select cash cards like citi business. Ones you get atleast some business credit based solely on your business credit you can build upon that and end up with literally massive business credit. Much like building personal credit without having a 100k/yr job.

Michold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2013, 03:44 AM   #28
williamjames732

I think for any business customer satisfaction is must. For customer satisfaction you have give them better services. Yes i agree one of the major problem of any small business owner is finance. They have limited finance. But if owner spend their money wisely , make a good business plan , choose business according to their interest and i most important factor is passion.

LIVE YOUR BUSINESS WITH PASSION!!

williamjames732 is offline   Reply With Quote