Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th December 2014, 01:39 AM   #11
RosieGlover
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Barzel View Post
If you are referring to finding out of a particular website is spam then you could check out the contact information and the whois information and see of they match up. Also sometimes you can tell by the content that is posted on the site; if it's spam then you might find some irrelevant words stuffed inside the article.
If you are talking about identifying spam comments then, generally spam comments are usually vague with no value to the topic it is commenting on. Also the spam comment is usually trying to push their links on your site.
Cross checking the whois and contact information is something new, which I came across. Nice points you have discussed, which can help to check whether the website is a spam site or not. Thanks for sharing such a useful information.

RosieGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th January 2015, 01:29 AM   #12
lptrendin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John williams View Post
How to identify the spam site? and How to get rid of this problem?

can anyone know please explain me...
Spam websites at first looks very colorful and full of links. Quality of the content will be poor and it will be totally fake .

lptrendin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 01:56 AM   #13
jandxb

Spam site ranking will be down suddenly and Webmaster tool will also inform you..

jandxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 03:42 AM   #14
johnniewalk
VIP Contributor

For identify the spam site content will helps for a particular content it shows some sites having your content then it become a spam site..

johnniewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2015, 01:31 AM   #15
shivshakti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieGlover View Post
Nice points you have discussed, which can help to check whether the website is a spam site or not. Thanks for sharing such a useful information.
Looks like you agree and support whois data to NO Spam factor? So a correct who data with right information can not spam!!!

shivshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 03:41 PM   #16
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John williams View Post
How to identify the spam site? and How to get rid of this problem?

can anyone know please explain me...
I think, the main sign of a spam site is irrelevant and suspicious content and comments.
Also the spam site can be extradited by incorrect grammar and spelling, IP reputation.

Old 8th July 2015, 04:14 AM   #17
Lillian Vega

will get rid of a problem it is impossible, but perhaps steer clear of it.
How do you know if a comment on your blog is spam or legit? This is a tough one, and it is really up to the blog owner. Some blog owners will read every comment and consider it legit if the comment shows that the reader actually read the post. Other blog owners will dismiss a comment as spam based on the fact that the link does not match the same industry as their blog. Here are some questions you can answer when looking at a comment that will help you determine whether or not you should approve it to go live on your blog.

Would I want my blog readers to click on the comment author’s link? If the answer is no, don’t approve the comment. Or strip the link, although you might get a less than positive response from the comment author if they note you approved their comment but got rid of their link.
Is the comment author using a real name or keywords? The use of keywords in the name field of a comment without the use of a real first and/or last name is almost always the sign of an SEO spammer.
Is the comment specific or could apply to any post? I have actually copy and pasted comments I’ve received into Google search and found them being used, word for word, on dozens if not hundreds of other blogs.
Has the same comment author been using several different email addresses or website addresses? If “Jane Smith” comments one day linking to a fishing site, the next to a clothing store, and the following to a pet supply company, they just might be an SEO spammer.
Does the comment author use a legit email address? Chances are, you don’t have time to email all of your comment authors. But if you see someone commenting with the email address of [email protected], then chances are, it’s not a legit email address. Personally, I like to know if the comment author is a real person – I don’t approve comments from people using obviously fake identities.

Old 13th July 2015, 02:21 AM   #18
Kumar Palani

Most spammy sites are easier to tell with their looks and functions. Checking the content of a website could also give you reasonable idea about the website.

Some common appearance and functions on a spammy site:
  1. A Pop up window that appears repeatedly
  2. Adult content
  3. Auto redirection from page to page
  4. "Bang" offers and forced promotions
  5. Forcing you to engage with the website
  6. "You won 100000$ Congrats" Claim your money
  7. And more

Old 13th July 2015, 03:45 AM   #19
matthew86

The comment above covered your question excellent. Couldn't agree more.
Thanks, Kumar!

Old 13th July 2015, 09:12 AM   #20
hrishivardhan

Not related to your niche is spam, it will seen by the content and images that have posted. You can disavow that type of links in Google webmaster tool or you can ban them if you have that facility.

hrishivardhan is offline   Reply With Quote