Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Hardware
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th January 2014, 03:25 PM   #1
Taviuss

Default Why I Recommend APPLE Computers

I am probably going to get a bit of flack on this one, but I want to put it out there anyway.

First, some background on me, so you can see my experience with computers.

I started with computers in 1984, working on an IBM PC with DOS 1.1

Since then I have been working with computers, a series of DOS and Windows Based computers (although I have also used the TRS-80, and the Commodore 64!)

In the late 90s, I got a chance to do tech support for Apple computers.

At that time, I was impressed by the way the OS ran, as compared to Windows 3.1.

Windows 2000 when it came out was an emulation of their OS, as have been every version of windows since then.

Regardless, my point is this:

All of the stuff that people like so much about PCs was originally designed by Apple!

Yes an apple is more expensive - but you can do things to interface your phone, your TV, your ipad, and your computer with nothing more than a couple of steps.

You don't have to buy so many third party programs to do things that are already built into them!

Taviuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th October 2014, 05:05 AM   #2
sb1 design

Send a message via Skype™ to sb1 design

Ditto to the above. I use Mac for all my website design work and it never fails me.

I pull out the PC for testing purposes to make sure everything is working on all formats, however I wouldn't want to use one as my work horse - far to frustrating.

sb1 design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 05:15 AM   #3
detectiveconan

doesn't seem like it matters that much to me. apple just seems like a more steady platform.

detectiveconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 08:20 AM   #4
Taluk

I believe apple machines runs more smoothly compared to windows. And of course for graphics purposes, apple computers are recommended. But I like windows machine way more than Apple computers.

Taluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2015, 06:20 PM   #5
craigbass76

I've had good luck for the last ten years using Linux. Stable, virus/worm free for the most part, and way cheaper than Apple products.

craigbass76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 07:42 PM   #6
AhwatukeeCRS

If you know linux then i would say go with that but man apples are great for what they are. little viruses and easy to get around.
You get what you pay for!

AhwatukeeCRS is offline   Reply With Quote