Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th October 2010, 04:43 PM   #1
christinejoseph

Default Targeted Visitors Strategy

My website is ranked on several keywords in google search engine but still i am not able to drive expected traffic to site. I need some tips on the areas i should more focus for driving traffic to site.

Last edited by christinejoseph; 8th October 2010 at 12:42 PM.
christinejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th October 2010, 02:27 AM   #2
naturalbeauty

You can use the following tips:

1. URL Submission
2. Article Submission
3. Forum Posting
4. Blogging and Blog Commenting
5. Keyword Research, Keyword Analysis and Keyword Optimization
6. Basic Data Entry
7. Social Bookmarking and Social Media Marketing

Old 9th October 2010, 12:05 PM   #3
Asim

Send a message via MSN to Asim Send a message via Skype™ to Asim

forum posting and blog commenting are 2 great ways of driving traffic to your site. Make sure both the blogs and forums that you use are in the same niche as your site.

Old 9th October 2010, 01:59 PM   #4
roof cleaning

Find blogs related to your keywords. We are in Tampa, so we look for do follow tampa blogs. Our keywords are roof cleaning tampa, so a cleaning blog in tampa, or a roof repair forum is great for us.

roof cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 11:53 AM   #5
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

HI christinejoseph!

I am sorry to tell you that I really don't understand what you're asking. You are telling me that you ARE listed and indexed in Google. By that, I am thinking that your website is coming up for your keywords, right?

First of all, that's good because you ARE in the SEO business. But is it that people are VISITING and NOT STAYING, or is it that they just are NOT VISITING AT ALL??

No matter if you appear No. 1 in Google or you have a high traffic blog, you can NOT force people to click to your site.

Can you be a little more specific about what you're trying to accomplish?? From what I read on your site, you may rank well, but I will tell you honestly that I got lost very quickly in the content. Difficult to read... does't speak to ME... and rather dry.

Hope this helps! I look forward to hearing more from you so that I may be able to offer some better help!

Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 11:14 AM   #6
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

Or could it be that the keyword selection was not the right one, therefore, being ranked on page 1 for your term was a bad choice of keywords/phrases?

Are you looking at your analytics, what is the bounce rate?

If you want highly targeted traffic then I would suggest you start looking at what your buying keywords are for your business, this way they may click and stay for longer

If keywords are not the issue then perhaps some further tweaking on the website may be required

Simone

Old 13th October 2010, 03:00 PM   #7
rdcclu

Naturalbeauty and nutty have hit the nail on the head, one on more places to drive traffic and the other on the importance of keyword research and optimizing the page/article etc. for the keyword. Getting ranked for a given keyword is the hard part.

If you are getting ranked but people are not clicking on your listing, you might try:

1. Changing the title of your page to be a "mini-headline", one that evokes curiosity.
2. Re-write your description and include a call to action, such as ...(their problem, query) answered in our free report. Use the description as a longer mini-headline designed to sell while including your primary keyword twice. Keep it under 160 characters.

rdcclu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 08:41 AM   #8
alexandrabrian

In order to get target visitors to your site,use these strategies and get benefit to your site in terms of ranking and traffic.
  1. Forum posting
  2. Blog Commenting
  3. Article Submission
  4. Directory Submission
  5. Bookmarking
  6. Press Release
  7. Blogging
  8. Classified

alexandrabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 09:28 AM   #9
techmodi

Thumbs up Try This Also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinejoseph View Post
My website is ranked on several keywords in google search engine but still i am not able to drive expected traffic to site. I need some tips on the areas i should more focus for driving traffic to site.
I do agree to “Asim” on one of the point which is forum posting. Its one of the best way to drive traffic but don’t follow the fake information to grab attention, be real to what you discuss. Blog commenting is really not a correct strategy. Big search engine like Google consider blog commenting as spam. Maximum of the blog are no follow and of no use from SEO prospective.

Another strategy also includes SMO work. Join relevant groups on communities, get involve in discussion, help other in true sense, introduce your products with real information and create network. As you mentioned that your website keyword ranking is going good, means you won the half battle. Try these strategies naturally this will be definitely benefiting your website. Keeps your work going.

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote