Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th February 2015, 05:02 AM   #81
hdm
VIP Contributor

That's great news. Great to hear that your printed flyers brought such great results. Printed messages stay with people longer than online marketing, as they are not so easily dismissed or forgotten.

Old 16th July 2015, 04:48 AM   #82
pattersonsteve3

Balance between and offline and online marketing is the best way to attract and start buzz and introduce people to the fact that you have web presence in the place.

Offline printing advertising is always going to pay for your business and will never die. Everyone still read newspaper although internet is everywhere and pay attentions to stuff hanging in the shops around your town.

Old 16th July 2015, 05:31 AM   #83
lptrendin

Ya, print advertising is still alive. It is still a good mode to make people know about things. Very effective way in fact. I have seen my websites getting popularity by this mode of advertising.

lptrendin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2015, 03:08 PM   #84
Comm Realtor

Print advertising is powerful - when delevered in person, with a handwriten personal note.

Comm Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 01:22 AM   #85
mike_smith
Banned

Default Hello

Yes, print advertising still alive. Advertise with Letterpress Business Cards is the one of the example of printing advertise.

mike_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 01:25 PM   #86
BrianMoore

just started an online business, selling body building supplements online. I am thinking to promote my business in old fashioned way. Like many of you guys I also believe that print flyers are a good way to promote your business. I can see that some of you guys already succeeded with that marketing tactic. My only doubt is some marketing strategies may work for some people and may not work for another ,depending on the type of the business..

Do you guys think print flyers would increase my sales?

BrianMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 07:56 PM   #87
BrianMoore

Any thoughts ?

Old 7th August 2015, 11:54 AM   #88
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Impossible to tell. It depends on the appearance, content and "reach" of the advertising, your offer and what your competition is doing.

For instance: If you have someone who knows what they're doing create a really compelling, professional-looking flyer for you, you get it printed on quality paper stock, and you distribute it through local gyms and health food stores, or mail it to a highly targeted list (say, a list of members at a local gym or attendees/competitors at a bodybuilding competition or members of a bodybuilding club), you will possibly get some results, assuming your offer is good in the first place.

On the other hand, if you simply use Microsoft Word to put together something yourself (unless you're also a professional copywriter and graphic designer), print out photocopy a bunch of copies on your own, and randomly hand it out to people you meet in a shopping center parking lot, likely not so much.

Personally, for something I was planning to sell only online, I'd probably primarily focus on advertising and promoting it online (because that's where most of my target audience would be). But if you want to give it a try, there's nothing wrong with giving flyers a shot to see if you can get some local customers.

--Torka

Old 7th August 2015, 07:17 PM   #89
BrianMoore

Thanks for the suggestions Torka,

Like you said , its going to be a definite fail if i do not do stuff professionally. Every body does online advertisement, of course i am going to do that as well . Apart from that i will try to make a deal with fitness centres , planning to offer their members 20 percent discount .

The guy who worked on my website is currently taking care of google advertisement. I found a graphic designer on elance.com waiting for her flyer designs . Once i receive the designs i will look for a place to print Since i need to print out 10.000 flyers , I will have to find a company with reasonable rates. Do you know any printing company online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
Impossible to tell. It depends on the appearance, content and "reach" of the advertising, your offer and what your competition is doing.

For instance: If you have someone who knows what they're doing create a really compelling, professional-looking flyer for you, you get it printed on quality paper stock, and you distribute it through local gyms and health food stores, or mail it to a highly targeted list (say, a list of members at a local gym or attendees/competitors at a bodybuilding competition or members of a bodybuilding club), you will possibly get some results, assuming your offer is good in the first place.

On the other hand, if you simply use Microsoft Word to put together something yourself (unless you're also a professional copywriter and graphic designer), print out photocopy a bunch of copies on your own, and randomly hand it out to people you meet in a shopping center parking lot, likely not so much.

Personally, for something I was planning to sell only online, I'd probably primarily focus on advertising and promoting it online (because that's where most of my target audience would be). But if you want to give it a try, there's nothing wrong with giving flyers a shot to see if you can get some local customers.

--Torka

Last edited by torka; 10th August 2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary link
Old 10th August 2015, 02:23 PM   #90
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Sorry, I don't make recommendations of specific vendors that I haven't used myself, and I've never had need for an online printer. In general, look for one who has experience with the type of project you're seeking. Don't make your decision solely on price. Check their reviews and references to see the experiences of others, verify whenever you can and don't believe everything you read.

--Torka