Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th February 2013, 11:10 PM   #1
accurate.cygnet

I feel today the number of fake and useless profile has increased with the new updates. It's primarily a business networking site unlike other social media Facebook and Twitter. There used to be only business talks before, today I think it has become a bit more casual.

accurate.cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th February 2013, 11:35 AM   #2
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfires View Post
LinkedIn today has changed a lot. Its look and feel and other features. The new notification panel and update panel looks awesome. Also the follow feature as that of Twitter is good. But, think of the days when LinkedIn started as a professional networking site. Do we really get to see so much updates then, as we see today? Personally I feel some updates are irrelevant and also the networking probability has decreased. Do you really feel the same? And, also how has the connection ratio changed over the years?
LinkedIn is a time drain in my opinion.

Old 15th February 2013, 11:36 AM   #3
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by accurate.cygnet View Post
I feel today the number of fake and useless profile has increased with the new updates. It's primarily a business networking site unlike other social media Facebook and Twitter. There used to be only business talks before, today I think it has become a bit more casual.
LinkedIn is become more useless by the day. It is sad, but true from my point of view.

Old 18th February 2013, 04:38 AM   #4
accurate.cygnet

No it is still effective. Other wise the business groups on it would not get updated with new posts everyday, Yeah it might become less effective. but still useful.

Old 19th February 2013, 11:11 PM   #5
accurate.cygnet

I think newbies on the LinkedIn are taking it like Facebook and Twitter, Like Google, Twitter should have such a criteria to follow, and throw them into spam to maintain the quality of the site.

Old 20th February 2013, 11:13 PM   #6
accurate.cygnet

Quote:
I absolutely agree that LinkedIn should monitor user activities and restrict people from spamming the forum. Also, it would be good if LinkedIn limits the number of posts to be shared on wall. What do you have to say on this ?
Well, I'd say LinkedIn should spam the irrelevant posts. I don't think there should be restriction to post something which is relevant and worth.

Old 21st February 2013, 05:55 AM   #7
DavidNikolic

Default Public!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accurate.cygnet View Post
No it is still effective. Other wise the business groups on it would not get updated with new posts everyday, Yeah it might become less effective. but still useful.
Where ever market exist people will go you cant take it as a evidence.

DavidNikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 10:48 PM   #8
accurate.cygnet

In IM, they say go where your market is. So you are right People will go where ever they find the market of their audience, here we are talking about LinkedIn being so casual than ever...People are not taking it in professional way like they used to..

Old 22nd February 2013, 03:20 AM   #9
Beth Worthy

Default Past and Present Linkedin

Quote:
LinkedIn today has changed a lot. Its look and feel and other features. The new notification panel and update panel looks awesome. Also the follow feature as that of Twitter is good. But, think of the days when LinkedIn started as a professional networking site. Do we really get to see so much updates then, as we see today? Personally I feel some updates are irrelevant and also the networking probability has decreased. Do you really feel the same? And, also how has the connection ratio changed over the years?
LinkedIn is a key networking tool for professionals in virtually any field

Beth Worthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 03:57 AM   #10
johnmclaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Worthy View Post
LinkedIn is a key networking tool for professionals in virtually any field
Sorry Beth,

I fall apart in terms of your opinion regarding Linked-in as the networking tool. If that would have been the case then, so many good number of professionals wouldn't have been there shring views and ideas. I would say that Linked-In is a tool for the B2B interaction. It's a consortium of experts to share there views on a topic and mutually converse together to reach a consensus on a particular issue. Once you generate a good source of info and trust on your profile posts, the ad on for networking follows that.

johnmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote