Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th September 2009, 02:44 AM   #1
bellasteward

Default Is There Some Way I Can Bring My Blog Up In Technorati?

Can anyone please suggest on how I should go about in Technorati?

bellasteward is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th September 2009, 04:42 AM   #2
midavecom

Basically, you need to register an account with Technorati.
Then use their "Claim Blog" feature to claim your blog and added to their database.

midavecom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 01:49 AM   #3
stephaniemcgrat

Hi bellasteward, I was going through this article i found on redalkemi site. It mentions some very good tips -

1. Ensure that HTML code for your blog is valid
A valid markup ensures that the Technorati spiders pick up your site code efficiently. Make sure that your web pages are in correct format as per W3C Recommendation and other standards.
2. Validate your feed
Technorati indexes your feed to retrieve additional information and discern document structure. Feedvalidator is a validator for syndicated feeds which works with RSS 0.90 � 2.0 and Atom feeds. To use it, simply enter the address of your feed and click Validate. If the validator finds any problems in your feed, it will give you messages for each type of problem and highlight where the problem first occurs in your feed. If you are unsure what a message means, click the "help" link next to the message for a fuller explanation.

stephaniemcgrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 04:43 AM   #4
Condos Florida

Till now i have not found any special technique to bring up in technorati....

Condos Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 02:59 PM   #5
typfirstu

Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

typfirstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 10:53 AM   #6
JustinMarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by midavecom View Post
Basically, you need to register an account with Technorati.
Then use their "Claim Blog" feature to claim your blog and added to their database.
Have tried this 3-4 times it goes to a file not found (which cant be right surely) have asked for help from Technorati but not heard anything back.

JustinMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 12:24 AM   #7
eskimo

Send a message via Yahoo to eskimo

I have never heard listing at technorati could be that complicated, so far I have no problem with my site not event my blogspot site.however, if technorati give you problem there is still plenty similar site, my wong I think better since they are do follow one

eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 04:54 AM   #8
TmasterMind

Yes, it's in the claim blog section that you can find when you click on your user control panel. You'll be waiting a couple of days for your claim to be approved and you'll receive their notifications as well. For me, it's a lot easier in the past although this proves a point that they're really avoiding too much spams from the past.

TmasterMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 02:19 AM   #9
brithny

Improve your content in context to users...

Old 27th January 2010, 05:47 AM   #10
dorothykinder

Technorati, is a social media site which lets you publish your content. The fresh content you post the more are the chances of getting index faster. If you have continuously submitted you blog to blog(do follow) submission directories then you may also come up in top positions.

dorothykinder is offline   Reply With Quote