Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th June 2009, 05:34 PM   #11
lunartcorp

One of my sites, that leads First Page in Google, does not even appear on second page of Cuil. But, the second in Google is the first in Cuil.

Cuil has a very different way to rank websites. It is good to start checking website competitions that can survive first page in both search engines to learn more about the new ones.

Old 26th June 2009, 06:25 AM   #12
sahota

It will be interesting to see how this evolves in next couple of years.

sahota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 07:15 AM   #13
bizcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmascot View Post
Google is following a monopoly to maximize their revenues through Google Adwords. This is something which is making Google lag behind other search engines like Yahoo, and MSN.

Google became popular because of its latest/accurate results. These days Google is surely aiming to deliver accurate results , but their ranking filters and algorithm can eventually hit back Google like a Boomerang.

They are trying to maximize their Adwords/Adsense revenue, and to enable this they are deliberately holding back ranking of several useful websites. Whenever I have to search for some latest news, free software, free script etc etc, I have to rush immediately to MSN since it delivers latest results. Moreover MSN has emerged as a NO-ENTRY zone for Adult related websites. This will be a major boon for MSN. Their Image search is far much advance than Google

These days even Yahoo is gaining pace over Google by delivering latest results in their search engine. Surely Google has to wake up before it is too late. Their useless filters are making life miserable for genuine websites/forums to score top rankings on Google. Moreover it is making life miserable for search users by restricting their search results.

If you are searching for some new stuff then try searching on MSN. I am sure you wont be dissapointed with results. Surely Google needs some hard spanking.

10 years back nobody knew Google, but everybody knew Yahoo. You shouldn't be surprised if you see a whole new search engine emerging from outers-space

Meanwhile I have found several other search engines like Dogpile which are very accurate and effective, but still the popularity factor of Google is making other search engines look effeminate.

Nobody knows, but surely the current situation of stagnated results on Google and increasing Adsense/Adwords fraud can give rise to a whole new search engine .
hmmm... if that is the case, then why do most people use google more than msn/yahoo? Don't you think online marketers would notice if msn gives better results than google?

bizcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 08:38 AM   #14
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Cuil is an utter failure. It has been launched with an aim to give Google a tough competition but failed ultimately as it has frustrated users by generating irrelevant results.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 03:08 PM   #15
Mr Money Maker

Only time will tell, the truth is there's another company out there who also wants to be king of the hill...........that's part of the Internet dream

Mr Money Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 02:27 AM   #16
BioSolutions

I must say this is very interesting...I actually kind of like the whole setup, but I doubt it will ever take over for Google, but you never know...

BioSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote