Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th November 2008, 01:21 PM   #1
SonoraMX

Default Looking For Suggestions And New Ideas

Good Afternoon!! I have a Vacations Rental in San Carlos, Mexico. I am looking for some ideas for advertising this rental. We currenlty have posted our website on a vacation rental company however, are there other places to target for my rental? The condo rental is on a private beach in which overlooks the Sea of Cortez. Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

SonoraMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 26th October 2009, 08:37 AM   #2
Dean56

Hi
Basically i love going for vacations.
I believe forums are the best place for you.

Dean56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 09:43 AM   #3
sahota

I think you can target Google Adsense also and try optimizing it as much as possible and see if it works for you. Besides this I would suggest you to try GOOGLE PRODUCTS/BASE and GOOGLE MAP if you are not trying that already

sahota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 03:45 PM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Try searching on "San Carlos" Mexico (be sure to include the country, as there are other towns named San Carlos in California and elsewhere) and other nearby location names. On a quick scan, I see several sites on the first page of search results for "San Carlos" Mexico that appear to list vacation rentals. See if you can either get a free listing or purchase advertising on those sites.

Try pay-per-click (PPC) such as Google Adwords, Yahoo, etc.

Are there any travel agents who specialize in vacations in the San Carlos area? See if you can partner with them, perhaps get mentioned on their website, or get them to recommend your vacation rental to their customers who are planning to visit the town.

Are there any festivals or special events that will be taking place in or around San Carlos? See if you can purchase ad space on the festival or event website.

If you start to look around, you will likely come up with many other places you can promote your rental.

--Torka

Old 19th November 2009, 02:17 AM   #5
stephen186

Go for a Good Signature Keyword and get it hyperlinked. Post some comments on top travel forums and travel blogs. See the results. Lemme assure you that there will not be much of an investment...

stephen186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 06:40 AM   #6
DavidMort
VIP Contributor

Yeah, I agree it looks like worth trying.Really why not? the number of people browsing the forums is great, and they may be your perspective customers

DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 07:49 PM   #7
myelephant

Send a message via Skype™ to myelephant
Default AdSense Advertising for Local Business

Hi,

You can place Adwords per click keyword advertisment for a very limited time period with Google for "local advertising". For local advertising with Google online you will specifically define your keywords for the area where you have the rental. Visit http://www.google.com/localbusinesscenter to find out more from Google for how to generate keywords for specifically targetted audience. If you choose keywords for your targeted audience carefully, it will probably cost you much more less to draw in right customers within a given time period.

myelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 07:52 AM   #8
janicejan

If you know that your site compliments other sites, you can start building links by mailing other webmasters on .edu and other travel related websites, you can suggest politely that they can place your link on their sites as a resource for vacation in San Carlos, Mexico, you can also try to follow up your email by calling them through their phone numbers.

janicejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 12:03 AM   #9
rfresh

Uhhh...Craigslist ?

rfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 06:12 AM   #10
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

Hola

I would set up profiles on all the social network websites out there, create groups, get twittering about your rental for vacation - social media could be a good one for holiday rentals, I market my rental this way when I want to fill weeks

Have a look at holidaylettings.co.uk, I advertised with them last year too and filled my rental from February - December this year, this was a massive improvement on the previous year's rent.

Try Adwords and if you donīt have the budget for their search network then perhaps you try the content network instead.

How about adding a banner to other websites and paying for that? What about writing content for other blogs/websites and giving that for free but with a back link included within the article on their website?

On my rental website I started adding new sections such as "Learn Spanish" and they can take a test - the point here is to add more pages, what about an area guide of Mexico, focusing on your local area, such as local restaurants and bars, hotels and so on - more content will allow you to take your marketing further and if you can make this compelling enough more people will link to your content.

Good luck and all the best