Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th June 2013, 10:45 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default How Can Small Businesses Get The Most Out Of Trade Shows

Event marketing is one of the areas that don’t get as much attention from small business owners as other types of marketing. Most business owners are comfortable spending money with advertising on traditional media such as newspaper, magazine, radio, TV or Internet. Advertising on these media does not take much time and effort and is deemed to be proven over number of years.

However, if you are not participating in exhibitions and events such as trade shows, home shows and such you may be missing out on one of the best avenues of putting your business name in front of potential customers who are already interested in your products.

The people coming to the trade shows are there because they are interested in the products being displayed there. Many times they are paying money to get in. Where else can you find potential customers that are perfect match for your products, and are paying money just to listen to what you have to say? Compared to spending money on traditional media advertising where you don’t even know if your target customers are receiving the message event marketing can provide considerable return on your investment.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...f-trade-shows/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th June 2013, 04:09 AM   #2
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

I do agree that Event marketing always ignored or given attention. But I could see its benefits for a newbie marketer. Even professional ones go to trade shows just to get people interested in their offerings.

I see few event marketing articles online compared to other popular marketing techniques.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 06:41 PM   #3
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthervision23 View Post
I do agree that Event marketing always ignored or given attention. But I could see its benefits for a newbie marketer. Even professional ones go to trade shows just to get people interested in their offerings.

I see few event marketing articles online compared to other popular marketing techniques.
I agree. Event marketing doesn't get as much attention as other marketing techniques. As I explained in the article this could be missed opportunity for small business as event marketing does provide number of benefits that other techniques cannot.

Old 6th June 2013, 04:06 PM   #4
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Good piece there.Chances are high that anyone attending the show is there either to buy something or to learn more about the industry.Studies from the Center for Exhibition Industry Research suggest that up to 70 percent of trade show attendees intend to make at least one purchase during the duration of the show. This makes trade shows one of the most cost effective ways of spreading awareness about your brand or business as well as an exceptional way to generate new leads. Using door prizes or other promotional items to draw in traffic can boost interest as well as capture valuable contact information from your visitors.These sales alone can cater for the trade show costs.

Old 7th June 2013, 09:24 AM   #5
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBizsmart View Post
Good piece there.Chances are high that anyone attending the show is there either to buy something or to learn more about the industry.Studies from the Center for Exhibition Industry Research suggest that up to 70 percent of trade show attendees intend to make at least one purchase during the duration of the show. This makes trade shows one of the most cost effective ways of spreading awareness about your brand or business as well as an exceptional way to generate new leads. Using door prizes or other promotional items to draw in traffic can boost interest as well as capture valuable contact information from your visitors.These sales alone can cater for the trade show costs.
Agree with your last comment. Thanks.

Old 25th April 2014, 03:04 AM   #6
Benwilliams02

Default some tips to make a successful tradeshow

Trade shows can be the ultimate platform for the small businesses to show case their business products and services among the people. I just share some of my tactics which I used to make a successful trade show. It is important that you create a separate web page in your website in order to bring the people to the show. You can also make use of the social media profiles of your website to reach out the people. Networks like facebook, twitter can provide separate options to publicize your important events to people. Another important thing is to get listed on the major event listing websites. You can make a buzz in your trade show by launching a new product of your business. You might even attend some of the trade shows to know about them. I usually use this event listing website http://eventegg.com/ to find about upcoming trade shows.

Benwilliams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 12:28 PM   #7
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwilliams02 View Post
Trade shows can be the ultimate platform for the small businesses to show case their business products and services among the people. I just share some of my tactics which I used to make a successful trade show. It is important that you create a separate web page in your website in order to bring the people to the show. You can also make use of the social media profiles of your website to reach out the people. Networks like facebook, twitter can provide separate options to publicize your important events to people. Another important thing is to get listed on the major event listing websites. You can make a buzz in your trade show by launching a new product of your business. You might even attend some of the trade shows to know about them. I usually use this event listing website http://eventegg.com/ to find about upcoming trade shows.
Ben - Excellent suggestions. Thanks for sharing.

Old 8th July 2014, 07:04 PM   #8
greenlight

I know it's a bit after the fact, but this is a great article. I'd never really thought of event marketing as being that valuable of a method. Thanks a lot for the perspective.

Old 21st March 2016, 02:15 AM   #9
crm

No matter what business you’re in, there’s probably a conference, trade show or convention that brings together the biggest names and brightest minds in your industry – and you’ll probably go to at least one per year… or at least you should. We’ll get into why conferences are important to the growth of your company later, but for now the primary question is: how do you get the most out of attending these types of industry events?

crm is offline   Reply With Quote