Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th July 2011, 04:14 PM   #11
trade-show-diva

I think there is no "best" giveaway... it all depends.
It depends on who your target audience is... are they senior citizens or moms with toddlers? Are they skate boarders or librarians?
And what can you afford to spend per giveaway? Do you need a real cheap giveaway or can you spend $20 on each one?
I think the key to picking good trade show giveaways is making sure your company name and website are printed on them, and that the giveaways are useful and that people will keep them instead of tossing them in the trash when they get back to work.
Bottom line... as with life, there really is no simple answer, but focus on picking a trade show giveaway that people will use and keep.

trade-show-diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th August 2011, 11:19 PM   #12
NVISIONtradesho

Those are all great ideas. Being in the eye care industry we give away eye glass wipes with our logo on it.

NVISIONtradesho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 05:15 PM   #13
trade-show-diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVISIONtradesho View Post
Those are all great ideas. Being in the eye care industry we give away eye glass wipes with our logo on it.
Great suggestion!
I think if really depends on what market you are in and who your customer is, but with you being in the eye care industry and then giving out eye glass wipes (with your contact info on them) is the perfect example of a great giveaway for a specific industry, and why if depends on what industry your are in!
Thanks for sharing!

trade-show-diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 09:38 AM   #14
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

I was researching some ideas a while back and found what most people wanted...food. How can you relate food to your business? A container or utensil needed for the food the food or beverage

Another thing to consider, bags to carry all the promotional items in. With plastic bags being outlawed, they can serve multiple purposes. Advertisement when grocery shopping and they'll be helping the environment if they use your washable bag.

What about t-shirts, for younger crowds, or nice collared shirts with your stylish logo for executive type targets? Baby bibs, ball caps or other wearable articles will be noticed by others.

Something useful and often in sight prevents you from being forgotten.

Let them have options of promotional items, then ask why they chose that one item over the others.

DantheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 01:36 AM   #15
kevinqiu

Send a message via Skype™ to kevinqiu

Smile

I got an interesting story to tell since everybody is talking about USB drives.

One of my friends running gift business once went to US to attend an industry trade show on which she gave out tons of branded usb drives.

The result? Her audience showed more interest on the USBs over her own product..

Yes, promotional USBs are over-used these days, but they can still be powerful.

Old 18th July 2015, 05:44 AM   #16
Comm Realtor

Default buttons

I recently passed out USA flag buttons to youngsters.

Comm Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote