Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Sales
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th July 2009, 02:03 AM   #11
FL Management

Live chat is good feature of website and customers can ask their problems with you.

FL Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th August 2009, 01:40 AM   #12
fsg001

Send a message via MSN to fsg001 Send a message via Yahoo to fsg001 Send a message via Skype™ to fsg001

a live chat tool is necessary for business, you should use both live chat and phone, that will be better

fsg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 09:38 PM   #13
IBSEric

It's a catch 22. I outsourced this function to India for a company and it was positive in that it had 24/7 support, which we had never had. However, the support was really sub-par. Finding 24/7 LiveChat MAY help you increase sales but can also have a negative effect with poor corporate representation.

I would see who they have as clients (ask them) and then try using them that way first.

Good luck!
Eric

IBSEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 09:05 AM   #14
smallbizmkter

Just installed 'live chat' on my site last night as an experiment - I will be monitoring it myself to see what types of requests for information I get - at least initially.

My thoughts are that I believe it should initiate client interaction where otherwise they might browse the site and then leave - mainly because if people have questions, they often don't like to call a company because they don't want to be 'sold' to - at least until they are ready to buy, anyway.

The installation and setup for the system I am testing was very simple and costs $6/month, so no big deal!

smallbizmkter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 02:56 AM   #15
yonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahriyah View Post
Do you think that having a customer service live chat option on your website would help increase sales?

I was thinking some potential customers may not want to pick up a phone to ask questions when browsing a website because most of us are pretty busy. Having a live chat feature available would allow potential customers to ask questions and learn more while not taking away from their other daily tasks.

Any thoughts or experience on the subject? I'm all ears!
in fact, i do not think that is a good idea.

you know why.

yonkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 02:50 PM   #16
selfemployedcaf

I, to be honest am not a big fan of live chats. I suppose they could help increase sales but I just can't make myself to implement one into our company. I much prefer us to talk to clients or prospects over chat.

And I agree, if you go with this, avoid those cliche stock images. I guess they alone put people off live chats...

------
Self Employed Cafe

selfemployedcaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:35 PM   #17
PhoneGuy

I added a live chat to my site a month ago to experiment with the service. It has been great to have a live monitor of visitors to the site. Only had a couple of chats so far but closed a sale because of it.

I think it depends on your product/service on the need and success of your live chat. My service requires requires a littel information from the prospect about their business before I can tell them how we fit in. Removing any obsticle to start that dialog is worth it. So I will keep the software (it was a one time purchase for the license $49).

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 02:50 PM   #18
tradeshowdesign

Default Free Live Chat

Anyone know of any good & free live chat software out there? We currently use Volusion but don't want to have the link back to their site on our pages, which is required with their free live chat. I would also be open to something relatively cheap. thanks

Old 24th July 2012, 01:53 AM   #19
sebastiancw

Live chat is definitely a great way to engage with your audience and offer help in real-time, be it reactive or proactive. Live chat is being adopted more and more in a variety of different industries and it should only be a matter of time before it becomes a norm.

People looking for live chat recos, checkout - ClickDesk

sebastiancw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 09:31 PM   #20
Brooke.Harper

If you're planning to implement a live chat channel on your site, make sure you have a live person dedicated to take inquiries. Never install a chatbot and let it handle the inquiries for you. Consumers nowadays prefer genuine and real as opposed to automated and untargeted responses.

Do you think (backed by data) you're marketing and selling to consumers that would prefer to convenience of live chat? You're simply adding this feature and not totally getting rid of your phone so it's a good idea to test it out for at least a month and see the response you'd get from costumers. I know travel sites offer live chat functions and it works for them.