Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th March 2009, 08:37 AM   #1
stephen186

Default Do You Like Monthy Charges For SEO Or One-time?

Hi,

I know it depends upon the business and goals, but still want to know how do you guys like to hire SEO firms on a monthly basis or just one-time fee for some months..

stephen186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th March 2009, 05:15 PM   #2
eproducts

Lightbulb Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing

Well it depends on whether we are talking about the initial optimization of a web site or page or the ongoing Search Engine Marketing that is required to keep those back links and fresh content added?

Initial Search Engine Optimization of a page or site should be a one-time charge and on-going SEO and Search Engine Marketing should be charged and evaluated on a month to month basis, due to needs and budgets that may change. Keeping the customer informed and involved with analytics and suggestions.

This is of course in the understanding that SEO and Search Engine Marketing is on-going and not a one-time fix.

So, I would suggest a monthly charge, as it would give the customer the flexibility and won't feel locked-in. And keep them well informed of data in layman's terms.

eproducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 01:38 AM   #3
Hsekhar

Neither, cos I SEO my sites on my own.

Coming to the actual question, I believe, It would be better to pay them monthly on seeing the monthly reports, SERP rank improvement.

Hsekhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:59 AM   #4
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Monthly charge is far better than one time charge because you can ask or implement new changes in your SEO campaign. Further you can stop work in the middle if you are satisfied with the quality of the work.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 04:18 AM   #5
stephen186

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3o View Post
i would go with one timer cos it would get better result
How can one-time SEO get better results and not monthly SEO. Can u please explain it little bit.

I think if a person is opting for monthly SEO charges, it will be more beneficial and cost worthy. SEO's can also plan the strategy accordingly.

Lot of one-time SEO fees involves just some onpage optimization and then a link building package. Even if that helps in rankings, but it needs to be maintained with continuous efforts.

stephen186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 03:21 PM   #6
homebizseo.com
VIP Contributor

You should charge an upfront fee and then a monthly fee for your service. SEO work takes months to see results and you may not receive income for your hard work.

Old 5th April 2009, 08:52 PM   #7
Logan
Administrator

As a service provider, I preferred 3 month initial commitment payable monthly with an option to continue month over month at the end of that period when a more in depth understanding of the keyword market, initial rankings achieved and services required are understood better.

I think an issue with a one time payment is that the ongoing promotion of the site is not a consideration typically. Additionally, not all are in the situation to give it a cookie cutter answer. (a) Is it a new site where seo is being provided as it is developed. (b) Is it a site that has already been developed, with little consideration to seo (c) Is it an established site (i.e. time online, links, etc) that has not been optimized (d) Is it an established site that has had seo completed previously. If (d) then what work has already been completed and the ranking/keyword situation. Each of these scenarios is a bit different, and important to consider, when purchasing services and determining costs - imo.

Old 6th April 2009, 10:05 AM   #8
mucho

I prefer monthly basis so that if I am not satisfied with their sork i can cut their service.

mucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 11:59 AM   #9
ajp76054

I really like a monthly charge better than anything.

ajp76054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 02:26 AM   #10
geyser

actually I hire per time basis and I obliged them to have a certain number of links per hour or should I say "quota", so if I'm not impressed with their job, I can easily cut it off in just a week..

geyser is offline   Reply With Quote