Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Affiliate Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th August 2010, 06:36 PM   #11
BillS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Rob View Post
I can agree with this one...

By the way, good to see you on here as well Bill
Hey, Rob - Thanks. You, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I've been doing affiliate marketing since 1998 and you can make money with it.

I have mall sites and niche sites and I do better with the niche sites than I do with the malls.
The mall-type sites were good "way back when," but today it's all about niche marketing for the smaller (one-man-shop) affiliates. The "big guns" with big PPC dollars have the mall items pretty well wrapped up.

As a checks affiliate I had (and still have) a few "all checks for all people" sites, but my focused niche sites have always done better. For example, the narrower the focus the better - I'm talking not just dog personal checks, but labrador retriever personal checks.

As a checks merchant we are seeing the same thing. We go ho-hum when a "big" site (esp. a coupon site signs up), but love to see someone with a niche site. Nine out of our top ten affs market via a niche site or a series of niche sites.

BillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th August 2010, 07:41 PM   #12
jaairey
VIP Contributor

Not enough

jaairey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 06:46 PM   #13
Asim

Send a message via MSN to Asim Send a message via Skype™ to Asim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseTaylor View Post
Hi There

I think the answer to this question varies from site to site, ebusiness to ebusiness. There are a lot of factors involved, including how much traffic one gets and how well they present affiliate products.

I can tell you this: A well-trafficked site that has very desirable content, who focuses on and caters to visitor needs/wants is going to fare much better than a slap-it-up-quick site that is only out for affiliate sales.

A good way to learn how to create an excellent environment for affiliate sales to study the Affiliate Masters Course, which is a free download that can be easily Googled.
looks like a great course

Old 3rd December 2010, 12:58 AM   #14
AlenWayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun to Write View Post
Most affiliate marketers won't share their earnings publicly. Besides, one person's success promoting certain types of products, doesn't mean that another person will have the same success.

There are too many variables to pinpoint how much someone will earn while promoting any particular program or product. I will say that you should pick a niche and affiliate product that you feel good about.
I totally agree with you. I think the most important thing is to develop the mindset that you are going to do this no matter what happens, and how many set backs you have. Make an action plan with action steps and goals and stick to it.

AlenWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 05:55 PM   #15
ernestomaratas

thank you guys for sharing the tips

ernestomaratas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 02:46 AM   #16
AlenWayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestomaratas View Post
thank you guys for sharing the tips

AlenWayne is offline   Reply With Quote