Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th September 2010, 05:41 AM   #1
uyytuyt

Default How To Digg?

I just created a digg account, submitted a link and clicked the "Digg it" button. But some days later, the diggs number is still 1. I am very new to digg, who could tell me how to use it, and how to increase the digg number? Thanks for help!

uyytuyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th September 2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Logan
Administrator

What was the link to? Go ahead and post here so we can see

Old 17th September 2010, 12:08 AM   #3
uyytuyt

Here is it:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...er-panopreter/

uyytuyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 03:17 AM   #4
stone33

Hi uyytuyt,

the link you shared didn't work on my computer, however to tyou question.

Digg is a social bookmarking site, there are a few more features but fundamentally that is what it is.

There are a few ways you can use it, however that all depends on your agenda.

1. You post a link and Digg it, if the content has a catching headline and interesting content then others will Digg it to and you content can then grow virally. This is harder than it is said, if you look at the top diggs over the last 30 days you will get an idea what type of stories are getting the most attention.

2. Like all bookmarking sites they can provide good backlinks to your site, and the more people who Digg you site the better this will be.

3. You may want to tell others to Digg your content, send an email to friends, your list, facebook friends, twitter friends etc.

I hope this helps, it is only brief.

P.S one of the best ways I believe is to use sites like Digg is to get ideas about good headlines that catch people's attention.

Success leaves clues, you just need to know how to spot them

stone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 11:05 PM   #5
robertantwi

Default How to use digg

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyytuyt View Post
I just created a digg account, submitted a link and clicked the "Digg it" button. But some days later, the diggs number is still 1. I am very new to digg, who could tell me how to use it, and how to increase the digg number? Thanks for help!
To even be able to get anywhere on digg and be at the point where what you submit gets digged - is going to take a long time

Digg is basically a favoritism site whereby people only digg and friend top diggers profile and continuously make sure they digg theres friends diggs all the time for months on end. People will then use digg stats site to see how active of a digger you are and then you will start to build up a group of friends then one day when you group of digger friends is of such - you will be able to submit a digg and have it immediately redigg - but you cant simple expect other diggers to digg what you submit.

Thats just how it works, if your on the net every day of the week, then i suggest you do this as it really will pay off.

I know of diggers that have done this to run a minisite targetted at a good niche and get a company to pay them $75 cpm and have there minisite go viral and make over 50k just from one digg - but as i said its about digg digg digging! Until then digg is just a great way to get your links indexed quicker - but use a separate account for this.

I hope this helps

robertantwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Logan
Administrator

a recent article, worth the read ...

Digg v4: How To Successfully Kill A Community
http://searchengineland.com/digg-v4-...ommunity-50450

Old 22nd September 2010, 02:20 PM   #7
SmallBizShift

The previous posters are right about Digg in some ways being about popularity. Having said that, it's also about quality - no one is going to Digg your page if they don't like it.

Looking at your site, the article you linked is somewhat interesting, but probably not enough that many people will Digg it. Even if it was a spectacular article, it is so covered in ads I think most Diggers would be very turned off, and probably avoid Digging the site.

I'd suggest you tone down your advertisements a bit, and watch which articles become popular on Digg. Try to write articles of a similar style - and then you'll want to start using the service regularly, Digging other people's content (when it's good), to create a network that will help promote your material.

Old 4th October 2010, 03:53 AM   #8
Cathy Duncan

Logan: Thanks for that valuable jewel. It was really mind blowing. I hope that you would come up with more such amazing posts in future too.

Old 24th October 2010, 04:21 PM   #9
Asim

Send a message via MSN to Asim Send a message via Skype™ to Asim

Thank you some great info. Diff confuses me!

Old 3rd November 2010, 04:40 AM   #10
adrika12

Digg has big role in the social media. Mostly people like to submit their site on this.

I am using this. It is really easy to manage and submit new think.

adrika12 is offline   Reply With Quote